Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Taking the $ plunge in detailing equip, going with Zaino; need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Taking the $ plunge in detailing equip, going with Zaino; need advice.

I've tried a bunch of different waxes available locally, and haven't got the results I hoped for. Some waxes were definately better than others, but as I was told before in the link below, the results were all temporary. Since then, I have done alot of reading up, and made up my mind on the direction I am going to go. This is what I am planning to buy/use.

The PC buffer (of course)
Zaino Z-PC to remove swirl marks
Zaino Z-2 polish with ZFX cure accelerator
and the Z-8 to finish off

One question that I have is about the Z-5. Is this just a wax/polish with fillers? On the zaino website is says to use on black vehicles and my SS is black. Do I need this stuff? If so when do I apply it?

Also, where is the cheapest place to buy the pc, and what pad to use with the Z-PC swirl remover? I found it at tropicare and it comes with a orange, yellow and black pad. Is this a good selection?

If you would like to see the condition of my car now, see the link below. I know that there are some people in here that really know thier stuff; please chime in!!

Mike L.

Link: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/402113-meguires-cleaner-wax-results-swirl-marks.html
Old 01-22-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I got my PC from Autopia for right under $200. It was the variable speed unit, came with a few pads and a bonnet. It was one of the best deals I found.

I dont know what tropicare's pad selection is, but that sounds pretty good. Normally there's 3-4 pads that come with a "kit" and that'll be all you need from polishing, to waxing to final glazing.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't need the Z5 if you take the swirl marks out,(it didn't do **** for my black T/A) as for where to get the PC I got mine at Lowes (on sale) and bought the pads from Autopia (sonus pad set, came with orange, blue, green, black and a pair of microfiber polishing bonnets)
Basically you just have to shop around for the best deal
Old 01-22-2006, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

The info on the Z5 is mainly what I was looking for, thanks.