Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone familiar with 93-96 interior removal, inside please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone familiar with 93-96 interior removal, inside please...

Does anyone know if the passenger side of the dash is removable from where it meets the gauge cluster to the A-pillar? I've removed visible bolts, but it still seems secured, as if it were glued down. I don't want to mess with it too much if it isn't meant to come out, and even though the fuse is pulled on the air-bag, it still makes me a little nervous mess in that area. Anyway, if it is removable, could anyone that's very familiar with it give a quick list of directions on how exactly it comes out?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meissenation
Does anyone know if the passenger side of the dash is removable from where it meets the gauge cluster to the A-pillar? I've removed visible bolts, but it still seems secured, as if it were glued down. I don't want to mess with it too much if it isn't meant to come out, and even though the fuse is pulled on the air-bag, it still makes me a little nervous mess in that area. Anyway, if it is removable, could anyone that's very familiar with it give a quick list of directions on how exactly it comes out?
I'm a little lost on what you are trying to do? remove the whole dash assembly? If so what screwed me when i tried to take mine out is the AC ducting was bolted to the dash then to the body. The bolts were inside the AC ducting so i didn't know how to get them out so i just broke the ducting. I didn't need it as i was putting the TA dash in. I'm not sure exactly what you are having trouble with though.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's what I need to remove:

I'll try looking through the AC ducting to see if that's what hanging me up.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Dash isn't 2 pieces its just one. You need to remove the cluster, AC controls, then the kick panels also. Once you have the kick panels off you'll see there is a big nut on each side that holds the dash too.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh and there is that bracket behind the console also.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm, probably would be just as easy to sand and paint it while it's in the car than go through the trouble of gutting even more than I already have. Thanks for the help, bro, appreciate it!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah its a pain in the *** to remove but if you want it done right its probably the way to do it. I wish i wasn't at college right now because i have my old 95 dash sitting up in the attic and i could look right at you and tell you exactly what it took to get it out.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Damn...That looks like a freakin nightmare. Thats a lot of fukin wires.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tell me about it! I have so many electronics in my dash it's not funny. The carPC alone has the USB wire running up to the top of my windshield for the USB GPS mouse, the audio wire that runs to my headunit, the power wire which runs to the battery, the ground, and a 12v switched source over on my fuse box. Not to mention my headunit which has 2 cat-5 ethernet cables running up to the top of my windshield as well when I had the faceplate to the headunit mounted in my sunvisor. And that's just the start! lol. I painted the dash last time while it was in car, just required a lot of taping off and a lot of newspaper to cover stuff, this time the only difference is how much sanding it'll take to get it 100% smooth before I paint it, although since the carpet is trash and being replaced as soon as I'm done with my interior panels, I really don't care if it get's dirty and covered in dust. Ah well, I'll try and remove it but if not I'll just do it the lazy way.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with 93-96 interior removal, inside please...