Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

what are my options on clear corners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default what are my options on clear corners?

I'm looking for some clear corner lenses for my 00 SS. i see differnt styles on cars on the site. what companies make them, i have seen some that look better than others. but i dont even know what brand they are. I really like these ones.

anyone know what brand those are?
Old 02-04-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep your stock ones. I had some from afterthoughts auto and they let water and condensation in. I finally got tired of it and when back to stock. Your call.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMES RODRIGUEZ
Keep your stock ones. I had some from afterthoughts auto and they let water and condensation in. I finally got tired of it and when back to stock. Your call.
That shouldn't be a problem if you seal them off a bit.

As far as finding that style, just look over Ebay a bit under "Camaro Clear" and there's tons. As you said, lots of different styles.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Listen to the condensation man, sealing them does nothing. I had the clear corner lights on my car and you will have nothing but problems, even when sealed like mine. Condensation will build up, then you will go to take a left turn and not hear a clicky noise and your arrow will be just green. Then you will take a right turn and the same thing. Then you will replace the bulbs and 2 weeks later the same thing (and it isn't easy reaching down here to do this every 2 weeks). Then you will have to cut off the bulb assembly and install a new one and after 2 weeks again. You evantually go back stock. I am only saying this to save you the hassle. Look for the black chrome dark out decal that fits over the stock light. It looks great and you wont have the hassle.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there any company that makes a decent corner light? Ive had my clears/black housing lights on for a week and already Im having bulb problems.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how is the water getting in them? my car never sees a winter or even drives in rain. it's only hand washed, sits in the garage at night. i dont see how i'd ever get water in them. i could see if it was humid outside or if you park it ouside like when there is dew all over the grass in the mornings.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

I occasionally drive mine in the rain, but not often. My clear corners have never built up condinsation on ebay. I cant remember exactly where from, but I bought mine off ebay. I think I just looked for the cheapest ones taht were completel clear(the plastic cover on the outside was clear all around). Perhaps there are ones out there that have condensation porblems, but not the ones i bought.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the ones from afterthoughts auto and I sealed mine also. The car never sees rain or snow etc. It is only hand washed and I still get waterbuild up in the driver side one. If you drill a small hole in the bottom of them, it will vent the waterout so it doesnt build up or form condensation.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had mine on the car since June and I drive it in all kinds of weather--no problems--maybe it's because I have a TA?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rbb147
Look for the black chrome dark out decal that fits over the stock light. It looks great and you wont have the hassle.
Where do you get that from?

Quick Reply: what are my options on clear corners?