Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

one more question about overlays...LED needed?

Old 02-09-2006, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one more question about overlays...LED needed?

I'm going to buy the Macewen Camaro guage overlays...if u have these do u suggest buying the LED lights I've seen on here? On the WS6store website, they show a night picture, is it that bright with the factory lights? I've heard of some overlays making the gauge cluster too dim (in thier opinion) and I don't want this.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

If your talking about using blue LED's I would use the what has been talked about on here. They are LED's with a wedge backing so they are a simple plug n play installation. The only downfall is that at night time you can't see the red on the gauges and the needles get hard to see.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm talking about using white. on WS6store they show a pic at nite with the overlays...I was wondering if it's that bright at night with factory lights or if I need the white LED lights because of the extra thickness.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:40 PM
LS1TECH.com Sponsor

Originally Posted by Screamin_Z
I'm talking about using white. on WS6store they show a pic at nite with the overlays...I was wondering if it's that bright at night with factory lights or if I need the white LED lights because of the extra thickness.
The overlays retain the factory brightness, there is no dimming as the gauges are actually clear in the areas where the light must shine through. The needles also retain the factory brightness.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: one more question about overlays...LED needed?