Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VFN 4" WS6 Hood anyone???

Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VFN 4" WS6 Hood anyone???

Anyone have pics of the VFN 4in WS6 hood? I cant really tell if its over-done by the pics on their website. I like the WS9 Outlaw hood by US Exotics, but I hate the extra little induction things.
Someone needs to make the Outlaw, without those little things.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

Here's a link for ya https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/244971-good-pics-vfn-4-ws6-hood.html. It's real tall, I was wanting one but I'm starting to like the WS9 Outlaw hood better. Don't like the heat extractors? Roger at U.S. Exotics doesn't make many of those hoods anymore. VFN is starting to make the WS9 hoods now.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Woah! That hood is way over-done! Thats rediculous. I'm not a fan of the heat extractors at all. I think an Outlaw without them would be nice.
The only thing is, I want Blackbird stripes....so I dont know if I'll be going with a taller hood. I want something different though, thats for sure.
Who makes good Ram Air hoods and how do I know if the Blackbird kit will fit on it???
Arent the various Ram Air hoods each a little different from one another?
Thanks for the link and the info!
Old 02-11-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

No prob. Yea, most guys like the 4" for a drag only car. There's a few different ram-air hoods out there for our '98-'02's, it's just according to what you like. VFN as you know makes a few, Mecham hoods look good but I've heard are poor quality, you could go with a Firehawk hood (which I don't like as much as the WS6 hood but some people do), and a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head. I'm not for sure what all hoods the Blackbird kit would fit on, I've never looked into any kits. All the aftermarket hoods are going to be fiberglass and lighter than the stocker but they usually have a few more fitment issues than does a steel hood. Just do some searching around about ram-air hoods on '98-'02's and see what all you can find, I'm sure you'll find something you like. I've done a bunch of searching on them and I think I'm going with a WS9 Outlaw this spring, but everyone likes something different so good luck with your search.

Search this Thread