Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Patch up fiberglass?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patch up fiberglass?

My car was stolen a few weeks ago and it has minor damage (mostly interior). Bad thing is, the city where they brought the car has ALL of their parking lots 1 ft higher above the streets that lead to them (reason I never drive the car to that city). Needless to say, they drove it STRAIGHT into one of those parking lots . It tore parts of fiberglass off of the bottom of the bumper. The bodyshop that the insurance company is getting to work on the car says that they'll put more fiberglass in that area and repaint it. To me, that is . I think it should get a new bumper because it just doesn't seem like patching will last in the long run. What do you guys think? A whole new bumper or let them patch it? TIA
Old 02-20-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

If the bumper is made from fiberglass then its going to be okay. Patching fiberglass is okay.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** THAT, did your car come with a patch on from the factory?No, it didn't, you have the right to have your car restored to the condition it was in before it was stolen, tell them no way are they going to put some BS patch on it, you want a new front fascia (or equivalent used), if they give you any ****, get a lawyer ASAP
Old 02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
**** THAT, did your car come with a patch on from the factory?No, it didn't, you have the right to have your car restored to the condition it was in before it was stolen, tell them no way are they going to put some BS patch on it, you want a new front fascia (or equivalent used), if they give you any ****, get a lawyer ASAP
I was thinking that too. Only thing is, if the front facia and rear bumper pieces are removed/replaced will the car have a "reconstructed" title or something from then on?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not usually, for a salvage title, the car usually needs to be totaled (tho the laws may vary according to your state)