Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Put in a new auto knob.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Put in a new auto ****.

I got a shifter and boot from an 05 Trailblazer. I had to take off the plastic trim attached to the boot. I glued the boot to the bottom of the upper console. I had to keep the slider so it would still operate the gear selector. I wasnt to sure if I liked it at first, but its growing on me. It'll fit in better once I get the silver overlays for the controls. Anyway tell me what you think!

http://community.webshots.com/album/549292782SJPsDY
Old 04-07-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i like it, looks good.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're saying you couldn't put it in gear without the plastic sliders? That's the whole reason I want to install a leather boot, to get rid of them.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
You're saying you couldn't put it in gear without the plastic sliders? That's the whole reason I want to install a leather boot, to get rid of them.
No, you can still put it in gear. The only way to keep the PRND321 to move with the shifter is to keep the sliders. The way I have the boot the sliders make zero noise/rattles. The sliders are compressed against the boot, basically they're between the boot and the upper console bottom. If you didnt know the sliders were there already, you'd never know they were still there. Hope that makes since.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
No, you can still put it in gear. The only way to keep the PRND321 to move with the shifter is to keep the sliders. The way I have the boot the sliders make zero noise/rattles. The sliders are compressed against the boot, basically they're between the boot and the upper console bottom. If you didnt know the sliders were there already, you'd never know they were still there. Hope that makes since.
You don't need the sliders, you just need the one slider that has a hole for the shifter. That's the only one you need. I did this mod sunday and I threw the others in the trash (where they belong if you ask me). I took out all the sliders except the one with the hole. I used a boot from Summit part # LOK-70HRB.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

BloodTA is right.
The only slider you need is the one actually attached to the PRNDL sliding mechanism. Its also a good idea to keep in the largest of the black sliders to keep it oriented in place during the mod process (I did).

Check out the first pic in this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=shift+boot

My writeup is on my site (in my sig).

Last edited by VIP1; 04-07-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeh, I had all the sliders out but the one thats attached. I didnt like all the extra play in it so I just put them all back in. The biggest thing I hated about the sliders was the rattling. With with the boot pushing against them there is no more rattles.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Looks nice!
Old 04-08-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

bloodta, got any pics?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLOODTA
You don't need the sliders, you just need the one slider that has a hole for the shifter. That's the only one you need. I did this mod sunday and I threw the others in the trash (where they belong if you ask me). I took out all the sliders except the one with the hole. I used a boot from Summit part # LOK-70HRB.
post it up BLOOD..

Quick Reply: Put in a new auto knob.