Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Any thing else for exterior? Input/suggestions? Shows

Old 04-15-2006, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Any thing else for exterior? Input/suggestions? Shows

Hey everyone. This summer i plan on entering a few car shows.... never entered one before so maybe some of you could help. The exterior of my car is pretty modded but still clean. So far it has..... 35% tint on sides and hatch, 18" privat fahrens, sportline 2" drop, red overlays, borla tips, tinted side markers and 3rd brake light, suncoast ws6 hood, and a lot of zaino.

Any thing else i might add/change to help the exterior or is it pretty set? Input? Thanks! here are some pics https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/472389-new-pics-ta.html

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-15-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it looks great as is...good luck
Old 04-15-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by purple98haz28
i think it looks great as is...good luck
+1, nice and clean.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Looks sweet as is!! Maybe !side-molding if anything though.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

1- I suggest clearcoating the plastic cowl part. I did it about two months ago, and it always looks freshly armor-alled. It's kind of a pain in the *** to remove the wiper arms, but once they are off, it's not hard at all. Wipe the plastic off with acetone first to get all the armor all and stuff off. It toook me all of about 5-8 minutes to get the part off, then wiped it down & sprayed it with Duplicolor automotive clearcoat. I let it dry in the sun for about 2 hours, then re-installed it which took about 2-4 minutes.
2- Also, as stated above, I would remove the moldings if you haven't already.
3- If your 'bird on the taillight filler panel is faded, i'd buff it off with a HS buffer and some plastic polish.
4- It looks like your calipers are painted silver or are just new? I would paint them red, then paint the rotors between the hub and the inside of the contact surface with some "chrome" spraypaint. That color paint is a really bright silver that gives the illusion of new metal.
5- A brushed metal "Trans Am" decal on the red painted calipers. (afterthoughts auto)
6- Maybe a red "pontiac" insert decal on the back bumper if there isn't one already?

-My .02, Car looks real good tho!

Last edited by Snootch; 04-15-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snootch
1- I suggest clearcoating the plastic cowl part. I did it about two months ago, and it always looks freshly armor-alled.
any pics of that?
Superman, cars looking good, maybe !molding..
Old 04-15-2006, 07:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok thanks a lot fellas, good ideas too. Actally next week when i get my underhood parts back from paint, i will be taking my wheels off, cleaning my wheel wells, !wire mod and sanding and polishing my calipers. I actually like the rear filler bird so i may get anew one in. Adds some more red to the rear for my theme. Also already have rear PONTIAC fill ins. Im not too sure about !molding. I actually kinda dig the molding actually...... sort of gives the car an edgier look almost, bigger curve.... Thanks for input... any other suggestions? Im jsut not real sure what types of stuff wins shows for TAs and seeing if i was missing anything. Thanks! Interiors next.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nasty99WS6
any pics of that?
Superman, cars looking good, maybe !molding..
Forgot to subscribe to the thread... Here are a few pics I just took. Now remember the car is dirty- I haven't washed it in a week or two:

I think it's an appearance mod everyone should do, since that black plastic gets looking all flat and nasty even two or three days after a wash/protectant application. Now I never have to worry about doing it again!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Launching!

I would suggest painting it first with black, if your car is out in the sun a lot. The cowl seems to fade quickly.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Good looking Pontiac Man, may I suggest that every script in red be replaced in polished stainless which would really bring the wheels and the black paint together. I couldn't tell from the pics if the car had drilled and slotted rotors which along with polishing the calipers would catch a judge's eye. Other than that, detail every body seam, nook, cranny and that should give you an edge over most of the other cars in the show. How about any interior pics?
Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Yes, the interior also plays a part in the judging criteria. I wouldn't ignore it.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok jsut got back from a long trip. Ill def think of doing that cowl piece. Drilled and slotted rotors are o nthe list, this weekend im sanding and polishing all my calipers along with wire mod and installing my newly painted parts under the hood. I think i'll keep the red accents for my theme.

As for interior, right now it has a sort of cheesy CF dash kit that the previous owner had on that i never took off, and then i got the headrest embroidered and just kept it few clean. Over the winter i plan on reupholstering all 4 seats and door panels to a graphite with red inserts theme. The whole cars in the works and projects on the way but can only do 1 at a time. Thanks for all the input. Any other ideas for interior?

Old 04-25-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Good deal, Let's see some pics when it's all back together.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Superman09
ok jsut got back from a long trip. Ill def think of doing that cowl piece. Drilled and slotted rotors are o nthe list, this weekend im sanding and polishing all my calipers along with wire mod and installing my newly painted parts under the hood. I think i'll keep the red accents for my theme.

As for interior, right now it has a sort of cheesy CF dash kit that the previous owner had on that i never took off, and then i got the headrest embroidered and just kept it few clean. Over the winter i plan on reupholstering all 4 seats and door panels to a graphite with red inserts theme. The whole cars in the works and projects on the way but can only do 1 at a time. Thanks for all the input. Any other ideas for interior?
Be careful removing your wiper arms. I was PM'ed by someone looking to do this mod, as they were having a hard time taking off their wiper arms- and he ended up breaking his windshield. I think he was prying against it though. It is a pain to take off, but it'll come off with some PB loosener and work.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Keep it clean and try and tie your mods together. Watch the exterior color 'highlights' sometimes less is more.
Hawk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any thing else for exterior? Input/suggestions? Shows