Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing inner fenderwell

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing inner fenderwell

Hello everyone. I recently got my car back from the body shop due to a cab scuffing my front bumper and chipping my fender. They did a sloppy job and left the inner fenderwell outside of the tab that sits behind the headlight. I would take it back but have already twice for other misc. things and cant trust them. What is a good strategy I should use to remove and refit the inner fenderwell/splash guard on both sides?

Last edited by LawmanSS; 04-19-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are referring to the plastic inner fenders in the front, they are held in with four 7mm self threading screws and three plastic rivets. The plastic rivets hold the inner fender to the fender.

To get the inner fender on the right side of the fender you need to drill out the plastic rivets and take out some or all of the 7mm screws.

The problem is that you probably do not have a plastic rivet gun or rivets.

The tool is not cheap ($50) and you can only buy the rivets in boxes of 25 or so.

If you cannot trust the shop you may be better off buying the tool. To have another shop remove and reinstall the inner fenders correctly may cost more than the rivet gun and rivets.

Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: Removing inner fenderwell