Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

anybody have interior issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody have interior issues?

anybody experiencing headliner rips or tears?

my sun visors are starting to tear on the tops, and on my headliner right around the edge where the t top sits is starting to wear down... anybody else experiencing this? any ideas that i could do? how hard is it to re-fabric that part, and maybe even put some sort of design in it, maybe like the pontiac symbol right in between the t tops?
i think most of the wear is due to the previous owner taking the shades on and off, it touches the headliner fabric and could probably cause those tears and what not.

yearone i think it is sells abs plastic replacements, not sure how that would look though... seems kinda weird.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

There was a cut in my headliner but was there when I bought it new. You could only see it with the T tops out. It finally annoyed me enough after a year I took it to the dealer and had it replaced under warranty.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Banned

thats what mine is starting to do, along the top edge of my headliner, you can only see it when the t tops are off... anybody ever tried re-upholstering it?
Old 04-21-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

T-tops here
Old 04-22-2006, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bought car used and stinkin' drivers window switch/lock/mirror control panel keeps popping out. . .adjusted the tabs. . .keep falling off. . .shut door and control panel pops up. . .
Old 04-22-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

we have F-Body's man, we all have interior Issues.

I changed my seats (front and back), new glove compartment, and I need a new steering wheel, center consul, dashboard have huge cracks, hmmm what els??
sun visors, door sills, I don't know man, almost everything is broken in my car.

hahah.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

haha dang... should be nice when its all new though, your car is a bit older though, so you have reason to replace all that stuff...

my interior is fine except my headliner, and sunvisors, wich really bugs the hell out of me. the seats are perfect, because the previous owner had them custom made leather/suede with embroidered headrests, i thought it came like that from the factory but everybody tells me otherwise.

Quick Reply: anybody have interior issues?