Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to adjust headlights on a T/A?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to adjust headlights on a T/A?

I need to adjust my headlights on my Trans Am, there are only about 40 screws holding the headlight assembly together, so I'm not exactly sure which ones adjust the headlights and in what direction? Any easy way to figure it out?
Old 05-12-2006, 02:17 AM
TECH Resident

if you flip them up (turn lights on, then turn **** back to just fog lights so the head lights stay up, but turn off) and look directly in from the front, you will see one in the middle of both the high/low beams on top, and one on the side of each of them. you need a special star shaped bit to fit in or use a needle nose pliars to turn them so you don't strip them (I prefer the neddle nose).

Oh and on the screw that is on top of the headlamps if you turn it in (clockwise/tighten) it will tilt the light upwards more towards the sky (it doesnt take many turns, 2 turns of the screw is a big difference when driving down the road) and the ones on the sides if you turn it clockwise/tighten them it will turn the lamp in that direction (if looking at lamp and screw is on the right side of it, turning it clockwise/tightening it will result in the lamp turning right....if the screw is on the left side of the lamp tightening it will turn the lamp left)...Losening (turning counter-clockwise) on any of these will of course result in the opposite.

Hope this helps...make little adjustments at a time so you dont over do it...if you search google, or yahoo you can find techiniques of properly aiming your headlights as well.

Last edited by YoungGunLs1; 05-12-2006 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are Torx screws, so they're easily identifiable.