Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Spoilerdepot.com's SS spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spoilerdepot.com's SS spoiler

I've seen these guys on Ebay and been to their site before, as well as searched through the 1 or 2 threads previously about them here. I'm looking into their pre-painted SS spoilers for the 98-02 Camaro and was wondering what kind of quality they were. I know one guy on here said his was warped and the paint was crap, but the company claims to stand behind their products 100% and do multiple quality checks. A couple others said theirs looked amazing and the paint match was great.

Does anyone have any pictures of this SS spoiler? Do we have a somewhat definitive answer on if they fit right and look exactly like OEM? Just looking for a bit more feedback than the current old threads we have on them.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Launching!

well i bought mine unpainted and was not impressed with their work and also there service! they promised it to arrive in 2 weeks and didnt get here untill about 7 or 8 weeks. if i were u i wouldnt buy the painted one
Old 05-15-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Droopy8503
well i bought mine unpainted and was not impressed with their work and also there service! they promised it to arrive in 2 weeks and didnt get here untill about 7 or 8 weeks. if i were u i wouldnt buy the painted one
What all was wrong with the quality of it?
Old 05-15-2006, 09:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got one. Ordered it about 3 weeks before christmas couple years ago, got it within 4 days. Havent had one issue with it. I didnt get the pre painted one though. So no problems here!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered the prepainted one in pewter metallic and the paint was matched perfectly. Pewter is hard to match and they did a fabulous job. No cracks or anything and its been almost a year. I would recommend it. Save the hassle of painting it yourself.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

I'm liking this good feedback from them. Thanks guys. I know there's negative feedback as well, but they seem to stand behind their paint warranty and work completely, so I wouldn't be afraid. Does it come with the 3rd LED brakelight and is it a complete replica of the OEM one?

Looks like I'll be adding an SS spoiler soon.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

I have no complaints. My prepainted spoiler came perfect and only took a few days to ship. And yes it comes with the Brake light and everything you need.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no direct experience but I would shy away from pre-painted if you have a metallic color, but if you have solid red, black, or white, it could probably be ok.

Ebay vendors are hit and miss, read through the recent (past few months) of feedback and go from there.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by todddchi
I have no direct experience but I would shy away from pre-painted if you have a metallic color, but if you have solid red, black, or white, it could probably be ok.

Ebay vendors are hit and miss, read through the recent (past few months) of feedback and go from there.
I completely understand this and would normally not even consider anything prepainted. But this company is not one that sells solely on Ebay; they have their business setup first and foremost outside of Ebay.

The only thing that bugs me is that the spoiler doesn't appear to be a replica of the OEM one. But I'm picky like that, so who knows? The brakelight is smaller and of a different style:

OEM style with larger brakelight:

Spoilerdepot.com version:

The LED light appears to be shorter both in height and in length, so I'm not sure where I'd ever get a replacement if the one with the spoiler went out.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

How did you guys feed the wires for the brake light though the holes? Is there a guided path on the inside...or did you use a wire hanger? It's got a pretty long way to go insde the wing. Also, the third brake light is held on with 3M double sided tape...anyone mount theirs differently??

Thanks
Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default re:

Had no issues with spoiler depot. Had them paint it for me also. Had it withn a week. Paint looks better then factory. I would defently recommend there company.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Launching!

well my spoiler isnt smooth at all....its like they rushed it and didnt prep it properly. im gonna take some pics of it because its still not painted and you'll see for yourself. And i got a question? since the tail light isnt the same one as the factory, then where can u get the replacement?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine lines up perfect on the drivers side but on the passanger side it is about a 1/8 higher on one corner. Also mine came painted and on the bottom side the paint is starting to flake off.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Spoilerdepot.com version:

Looks fimilar! Thats weird Ive never noticed the brake lights were different.

If I was you I would buy the spoiler, then have it painted to match. That way it can be blended. More then likely if the car has been outside a good bit its going to need blended to match.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, not only is the third brake light different, but the bottom two supports look slightly shorter as well. Not a big deal, but their site shows a spoiler that looks exactly like the true OEM SS spoiler. I sent them an email asking why the differences.

Seems like this company could be hit or miss...
Old 05-15-2006, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

I have one on my car and I think it fits awesome. It didnt take long for me to get it, maybe a week. For the price its the way to go. A replacment LED light from them is only $15.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah mine fit great in like 15 minutes. no mods required. paint is better than factory
Old 05-16-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
I have one on my car and I think it fits awesome. It didnt take long for me to get it, maybe a week. For the price its the way to go. A replacment LED light from them is only $15.
Hell yes, that's awesome. Any chance we could see some more pics of the progression of your new white Z?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Launching!

For any car body part, i'd got factory man. You cannot go wrong with OEM and you would have no worries.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm the one that received the spoiler that was warped and the paint was pitted. I decided not to give them another shot (once burned, twice shy). I'm not here to badmouth spoilerdepot but they should never have shipped that spoiler. I'm very happy with my Mecham anyway.

Quick Reply: Spoilerdepot.com's SS spoiler