Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seat questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Seat questions

Last night I pulled my seats to shampoo and vacuum the carpet. 99TA.

I proceeded to tighten all the bolts on the seat; some were loose by hand which surprised me.

2 questions.

1. The seat back still has 1" of play it where I can wiggle it abck and forth no matter what I tightened. Does any one else have this issue? Like could you go check your car during lunch and see?

2. The air connections. The driver's side loses the pump up air shortly after using the buttons, passenger side seems to keep it much longer. I always read to make sure all the connections are tight etc. The main pump is under the passenger seat btw. Anyway, any one have any other ideas as to why they lose air? My last resort is to pull the seat back and see just where the lines go, but how do you get the back off?

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rear seat has a very small amount of play at the hinges. I never noticed it until I removed it last night. When i bolted it back in, it didn't move enough to notice it. I removed only the two bolts at the very bottom.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about the fronts? That's what I'm talking about, my rears have been out for 4 years. When I said seat back I meant the part your back is up against. Thanks man!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper
Last night I pulled my seats to shampoo and vacuum the carpet. 99TA.

I proceeded to tighten all the bolts on the seat; some were loose by hand which surprised me.

2 questions.

1. The seat back still has 1" of play it where I can wiggle it abck and forth no matter what I tightened. Does any one else have this issue? Like could you go check your car during lunch and see?

2. The air connections. The driver's side loses the pump up air shortly after using the buttons, passenger side seems to keep it much longer. I always read to make sure all the connections are tight etc. The main pump is under the passenger seat btw. Anyway, any one have any other ideas as to why they lose air? My last resort is to pull the seat back and see just where the lines go, but how do you get the back off?

Thanks for any help.
yea my driver's seat loses air quickly too. i haven't gotten around to checking out the problem, but you're not the only one in this predicament...

Quick Reply: Seat questions