Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I hate my body kit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate my body kit.

Ok I bought my Z28 a few months ago, and it had this Xenon body kit and the Wings West GTR wing on it. Well the front clip and sideskirts are pretty beat up. Overall it makes the car look like crap. I'm wondering how difficult it might be to just basically do a body kit delete. Like rip it off completely, and replace the spoiler. Do body shops do that kind of thing? If it's on the car with some sort of adhesive, would I be peeling paint off along with the body kit? I'm pretty much trying to revert my Camaro to a "sleeper" look. Then I'll start putting some money into go fast goodies.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Since it's an aftermarket body kit it's most likely held on with some screws and double side tape. Take off the screws and warm it up with a heat gun and try to pull it off. I don't know if the wing you're talking about is a replacement for the factory spoiler or if it bolts onto it. Most likely though you'll need a new spoiler. If you're careful with the heat gun you should be able to pull the double side tape off and not damage the finish underneath.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea what he says if it's all aftermarket ^^^

The factory kit is another matter. That one will leave a ton of holes on your car if you take it off. I'm leaving mine alone. If yours has spoiler extensions it may be the factory appearnce package on the back and those side pieces are bolted to the quarter. Remove those and you'll have big nasty holes in your quarters to fill then both quarters will need to be repainted.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

rip that **** off, but beware that it might have paint defects where the kit was

Quick Reply: I hate my body kit.