Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Custom fit car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Custom fit car cover?

What "custom fit" car covers are out there. I've had 2 "indestructible" ones from AutoZone and they both lasted a few months before my stupid spoiler ripped a hole in it. I need one that is custom fit to work with my Trans Am. What do you guys recommend. Also one that will stay on the car.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Try afterthoughts.com I believe they have custom ones from SLP.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one from California Car Covers.. I've had it since December of 2001 and it fits great. Mine is the Dustop since the car is stored inside. They have many different choices of materials.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:05 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

for outdoors use the California Car Covers storm weave. you won't be sorry.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

I got one custom fit to the 1998-2002 Camaro Z/28 in my garage, but didn't use it this winter. Even though I took the car off the road, I had it out to drive around because winter wasn't too rough up here in Roch., NY. I believe it ran me around $175 and it was a CoverCraft Car Cover I believe.

Definitely get a high end one and one that fits snug to your car because it is well worth it during the hibernation period when we don't have to pay for [gas, insurance, repairs, oil changes, perf. parts, tires, etc., etc.].

Also a snug fit will prevent moisture from getting in between the paint and the cover and I believe the NOAH(tm) coating on mine allows water to evaporate out from under the cover, just in case moisture does get in there. Either way: GIT-R-DONE!!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought mine from PFYC.com and had it made it yellow with a bird on the front. Its an out door cover and protects against all the elements. I know use it inside but the few months the car had to sit outside it worked great. Fits perfect as well, california car covers also makes some great ones.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Noah and it worked very well when my car was stored outside. I would not get the SLP cover. Too many reports of it scratching the paint. The California covers have a good rep. too.

Quick Reply: Custom fit car cover?