Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Center exhaust bumper cutout

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center exhaust bumper cutout

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with finding, fabing or otherwise facilitating the center cutout\skirts for center exit exhaust tips? I fabricate custom mandrel bent exhaust componants and would like to add this to my personal 02 Z. I am refering to the setup like SLP has or had but I no longer see them on thier site. I am not really interested in the SLP set up but in the bumper lower skirts that allow the center outlet. I want a different tip look than they offer and I have the ability to build the tip set up but I am looking for options for dressing the bumper on either side of the tips. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont know about the CME, but the Quad Exhaust skirts can be found at www.thunderracing.com or www.ws6project.com check em out and see if you can do anything with them.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Teching In

camaro_fiveO,
Thanx for the reply. That is what I am looking for but I am hoping to find the skirts only.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm trying to find a thread for you. Someone here has a pewter, convertible Camaro with a rear valence from a body kit that has rectangular openings, which have rectangular exhaust tips exiting in the center.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Smokey,
That would be awesome. I would like to find such an animal to see if I can have it duplicated. I will be posting pics here soon of the prioject.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, sorry I've done about 6 searches in the forum and a couple on Google and I can't find it. But I know there was a post by the owner of the car I mentioned where he uploaded pictures. Bump for you - maybe he'll come in this thread.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heyyyy pretty late but I came through!!!

Hey Belair, I was going through some pictures looking for something else tonight and it turns out I saved this picture. Here you go, it's a different center mount exhaust - it was a kit but I don't remember which company the guy had bought it from. My guess would be Wings West or RKSport though.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

That looks pretty slick with the stock style Z28 tips. I just picked up a CME valence from SLP last week. They had them on clearance for $100. Not sure if they still have any left. There was a big thread on it here a week or two ago.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Ya,thats the RK sport kit......you cant find it cause NOBODY does it....I dont know why,I figured I'd at least see at least one other person with it but...I never have.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Teching In

I used the SLP center exit skirts, but ran my own quad 3" tips. This is probably about what you talking about orignally? Sorry I don't have a better pic of it, but I think it looks pretty good on the car. I still have the SLP casting that came with the kit, if anyone on here would be interested in buying it.
Attached Thumbnails Center exhaust bumper cutout-6-4-06-smaller.jpg  

Quick Reply: Center exhaust bumper cutout