Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rksport 5" spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default rksport 5" spoiler?

will this spoiler be a direct bolt on to a camaro that has the GM Sport Appearance package (little spoiler lip like the Irocs had)? or is this a one piece assembly and not 3 piece with same mounting provisions?
Old 06-02-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

my mistake its the Performance spoiler and it appears to be a 3 piece design but will it bolt right up to my existing holes?
Part No.: RK-01011025
Old 06-02-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

It will most likely COVER the stock holes but I have no idea about a direct replacement
Old 06-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C Murda
will this spoiler be a direct bolt on to a camaro that has the GM Sport Appearance package (little spoiler lip like the Irocs had)? or is this a one piece assembly and not 3 piece with same mounting provisions?
Well, to answer both versions of the question:

Neither the one piece Freedom Design/LG Motorsports spoiler or the 5" RK Sport 3 piece spoiler will be a direct bolt on nor will it cover the holes (in the quarter panel) from a factory 3 piece...

They will bolt on (using different holes) and cover the holes on the spoiler but not the quarter (at least so says RK Sport's website)...

Sorry...
Old 06-03-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C Murda do you want to sell me your old GM 3Pc spoiler
Old 06-03-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will if i can find myself a new one first...mater of fact id let it go for $5 plus cost of shipping but only if i can get this RKSport 3 piece one to work out. if only there were a way for me to test fit one or if anyone on here currently is using one.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

i personally would stay away from some of the rk sport products. i bought a SS spoiler for a 2002 camaro. and the back edge of the spoiler where the rolled edge is had alot of airpockets in the fiberglass. i had to grind all of them out and the put new fiberglass in it. it was a lot of work not to mention the top of the spoiler was wavvvvy.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

i will if i can find myself a new one first...mater of fact id let it go for $5 plus cost of shipping but only if i can get this RKSport 3 piece one to work out. if only there were a way for me to test fit one or if anyone on here currently is using one.
Can you take some pictures of the holes your factory spoiler leaves? I am getting the ZR28 and can compare for you...
Old 06-03-2006, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

heres my rk sport spoiler. i think its the same one your talking about. 5" performance spoiler, right? sorry the car is dirty, im washing it tomorrow
Old 06-04-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

how did that all mount up? did you have to drill any holes? if so then where? any chance you are willing to remove at least the side corner piece and take a picture of where the holes are located? id appreciate it a lot but if not thats ok. i just want to see if maybe the mounting holes are the same as my factory spoiler.

Originally Posted by 2000_LS1_Z28
heres my rk sport spoiler. i think its the same one your talking about. 5" performance spoiler, right? sorry the car is dirty, im washing it tomorrow
Old 06-04-2006, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

how did that all mount up? did you have to drill any holes? if so then where? any chance you are willing to remove at least the side corner piece and take a picture of where the holes are located? id appreciate it a lot but if not thats ok. i just want to see if maybe the mounting holes are the same as my factory spoiler.
i would, but i used 3m double sided tape as insurance. i belive it comes with a templete so you can get the holes lined up, but i bought mine used and the guy didnt have it anymore.
sorry i couldnt be more of a help
jay
Old 06-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

Give us some pics of the holes on your car and we can help you out...

Quick Reply: rksport 5" spoiler?