Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SS Badge Placement

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SS Badge Placement

well as some of ya may know. my car was in a pretty big wreck from what i can tell by a previous owner. there's a few runs in the front bumper, there's a few hard tape lines here and there, and other "tell tale" marks of body shop hackery....but the biggest thing that's pissed me off for such a long time was the SS emblem on the back of my car, when whatever hack body shop put it back together, they just "stuck it on"

well the "stuck it on" upside down and backwards"! (*****-is maximus) since i've had the car, it's been SSthen the bowtie. instead of the other way around. (you can even tell in my sig pic that it's not in the right spot ) i went to the dealership to get a new emblem once and it was like $113 for the 2 so i said F that.... but i got ambitious the other day peeled it off and re double sided taped it....now my question is after all that BS

Does anyone have a picture from the rear of their SS or even better a picture of the rear holding up a measuring tape or something like that so i can put the badge in the correct location!

thanks again!

-MATT-
Old 08-01-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet is to just find a local SS or get some pics on here of one you know hasn't been wrecked. There is no such thing as a "right" placement for them, seeing as SLP had their guys put them all on by hand. So each one will be slightly different, although in the same general area.

As I said, just find a pic, use the taillight above it as a reference point, and have at it.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Here you go, grabbed some pics of my buddy's SS for you. The car only has 11k miles on it and has never been wrecked, so the badges should be correct.

Hope these help you out.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Scotty-Z thanks! that's exactly what i was looking for...a close up so i can kinda line it up with the tail light...thanks again!

edit- i like the exhaust tips on your buddy's car
Old 08-01-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
Scotty-Z thanks! that's exactly what i was looking for...a close up so i can kinda line it up with the tail light...thanks again!

edit- i like the exhaust tips on your buddy's car
Not a problem.

As for the tips... I like them too. Hence why I have them ready to go on my car.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Sweet, these pics have helped me out too! BUT... Can someone post a pic of the fender emblems on a non-molested SS too please? It would be a big help!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like you just line of the split of the "S" and "S" with the split in the tailight colors. My badges have been off so long I couldn't even remember.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

can someone post a picture of a upside down ss, then the way they are supposed to look, causei cant tell the difference
Old 09-11-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1CAMAROSSBLK
can someone post a picture of a upside down ss, then the way they are supposed to look, causei cant tell the difference
the top of the is is Shorter, the base sticks out more

Quick Reply: SS Badge Placement