Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Reear quarter panel ding...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reear quarter panel ding...

I jacked the car up and placed jackstands under the front of the car to install my Prothane Tranny Mount. I left the car on jackstands for a few days and I now have a nice ding right above the fuel door on my quarter panel. I have SLP bolt-in SFC. My question....Are the Bolt-in SFC not doing their job? Should I upgrade to Weld-in SFC? I am just wondering about this since the quarter panel is flexing just by jacking up the front of the car......All help is greatly appreciated....

John
Old 08-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Teching In

I saw the same thing on mine. I going to buy the weld in's because i heard that over time the bolt-in ones start to round out where the bolt goes through losing there rigidity. You could just weld the bolt-in ones in, you shouldnt have to buy another set.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I also noticed that my SFC are against the floorboard on the driver's side....where there used to be a small gap.....should I just tighten them and then weld the bolt holes?

John
Old 08-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Teching In

I would just retighten the bolts and than get them welded in place. My buddy had an I-Roc with the bolt in's and his got to the point where the bolt holes where so rounded off where you move the sub frame by hand.