Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finding bad things

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding bad things

Guys I have a serious issue I am uncomfortable about. I finally found the car I wanted in my price range and bought it. got 40K on a six speed SS 01 great car I love it. I noticed a few things with the body. After a while investigating I found the issue. I think I am the first person to ever drive this car a little bit! Well upon pulling the passenger sail panel I noticed a bunch of holes that had dried bondo coming through. Well yes I did the DMV, carfax, and dealer report by the vin number I was cleared and the title was in order. Now right on the corner of the fender well that bondo is cracking a bit and threatening to split off within the next year or so. I want to replace this whole quarter panel. Does anyone here know the proper procedure for this? Cut and weld a new one in? There isn't a shop in louisiana that can handle that type of body work so what is recommended? With the way the car twists over on hard launches I will never get a good fix with bondo. HELP I SUX AT BODY WORK!!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a 1/4 pannel can jsut be drileld and cut off at factory welds and have a new one welded on. the title may be in fact, but that doesnt mean it hasnt had a little fender bender. a clean title only says it has been *totalled*
Old 08-09-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

the rear quarter panels can be drilled and replaced like that? thanks again
Old 08-09-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

open your door, look around the edges and you will see very slight round indentations. thats where you can drill it uot at and cut it off. it takes time and some skill to do but tis nothing that i would call "major bodywork'
Old 08-10-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

drive her over here to texas finda shop that will fix her up for ya