Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Zaino or not

i was looking at this Zaino Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit on the Zaino site. is it worth the 116 dollars. do you think if i just get it professionally detailed it will be as good. or is zaino just the **** and i should spend 116 bucks on it, because its worth it

thanks in advance
Old 08-15-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Depends on the condition of your paint. If its covered in swirl marks there is no way zaino will take them off. After trying numerous waxes I have found zaino to be my favorite. It gives my car a very nice rich, wet look. Not to mention the durability of Zaino. I Zaino my car about twice a year and inbewteen I will just apply their detailing spray and it looks like I just completely detailed my car again.

If your car is in need for some serious help, a PC would be your best bet (or pro detailer). But yet again, Zaino is an awesome sealant after the polishing but at that point you're able to "start over" and you could possibly find a more affordable wax that you like. Half the fun is experimenting with different things.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

alot of people on here love and promote zaino, so im guess its really good. wont hurt u, but how good it will perform depends on how much effort u put into it, just like any other polish/wax combo.

i use meguiar's and i love it - only thing is, it doesnt last but a few days, maybe a week, tops. i need to get a good polishing compound to lay down first, then their actual wax to go on top. BUT, i first need money sigh...
Old 08-15-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 799 Likes on 609 Posts

Zaino is very good stuff but your paint needs to be as defect free as possible for the best look. A RO sander, ZPC and an orange cutting pad will have your car in good shape. Also, Zaino is more durable than anything a "pro" detailer would use. Zaino and doing it yourself is better than wasting money on a "pro"
Old 08-15-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't need to claybar mine, so I just picked up the ZFX w/Z2 bottle and a bottle detailing spray.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

maybe i shouldnt spend 116 bucks right now
Old 08-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Teching In

I would start with a claybar from any auto parts store to remove any residue and leftover wax from other brands. Buy a bottle of Z5, Z2 and Z6 which is the detailing spray.

Use the Claybar, follow up with 3-5 coats of Z5 which will help remove any light scratches and then start building up multiple coats of Z2. After 2-3 applications of the Z5, you will see a very noticable difference in your paint. After your finished with a couple coats of Z2, you won't believe what you car looks like and you'll want to build up as many coats as you can. With each application your car's paint improves and the shine deepens.

Zaino goes a long way for the price and is a bargain. At $8.95 per bottle, it's well worth it. You can get around 20 coats per bottle of Z5 or Z2. Put it on lightly, you'll hardly be able to see it once you apply it. It's the best way. Make sure you only touch your car with towels and applicators that are 100% cotton, no exceptions.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would not pay $116 for that kit, that is a little crazy to me. If I were you, get the
Z-5 and Z-2. Z-5 for swirl marks and Z-2 for a final coat over that, that combo will work very nicely. Also, you can go to Pep Boys and buy a clay bar and some $5.99 Meguries Quick Detail spray and clay bar the car before gets Z-5. Like MARBLEHEAD said, I use the exact same process. Once you have a coat or 2 down of Z-5, the Z-2 goes on sooooooooo much easier. You don't need all that other stuff. Clay bar, detail spray, Z-2, Z-5 and your on your way to a nice finish
Old 08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

What color is your car. That makes a big difference in what product to get. Prep is the key though. Depending on color and what shape your pain is in you may want to invest in a pc first.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

I've yet to try Zaino and honestly their prices are decent. But for now Meguiars has me more than satisfied. I would start out with Meguiars smooth clay kit and from there its up to you what polish and wax you want use. CLEAN PAINT IS THE KEY!