Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone Ever Ship Door Panels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone Ever Ship Door Panels!!!

Hey guys i am wanting to ship some door panels but i am not sure how....should i get a big box and box'em up...or should i get some of that packing wrap and wrap them up or what???

thanks
Dusitn
Old 09-23-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

u-haul has a bunch of different sized boxes. I had to find a 3 1/2' long box to ship a center console from a car (sold some pieces on ebay). It ended up being like $30 to ship even though it was really light. I imagine you could use wrap as long as you protect it really well. Maybe wrap it in that thick cardboard type paper first and then wrap it in plastic.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I shipped a set of door panels from my old Scion. I didn't have any boxes they would fit in, so I had the place I mailed them from pack them. They wrapped them up nice and made a box around them. It didn't cost very much and I could have done it myself if I had found a big enough box.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally would strap them together, bubble wrap the crap out of them and then mail them like that...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:47 AM
FormerVendor

i ship them all the time. i just use flat card board and make my own box to fit around them. Just so you know ups will charge you $5 extra if they are not covered in card board. Also check out their size requirements b/c if you box the door panels too big then it will put them in an oversize clasification and you will pay double to ship them.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 69vette
i ship them all the time. i just use flat card board and make my own box to fit around them. Just so you know ups will charge you $5 extra if they are not covered in card board. Also check out their size requirements b/c if you box the door panels too big then it will put them in an oversize clasification and you will pay double to ship them.
Is it true that if you bubble wrap the whole thing and then just stick a piece of cardboard on there with the adress you don't get charged the extra?

I had and exhaust shipped to me like that and I was wondering if that was why...
Old 09-24-2006, 02:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Is it true that if you bubble wrap the whole thing and then just stick a piece of cardboard on there with the adress you don't get charged the extra?

I had and exhaust shipped to me like that and I was wondering if that was why...
no thats not true. It has to be completely incased(sp). I shipped a set of rims and about 4" of the rubber tire was showing and they charged me. I've also shipped out a few other parts and had them do the same thing to me. My ups driver told me that if you can see any part of what your shipping then they will add the $5 charge. Also on another note....if you put more than one fragile sticker on a box then then your part is gauranteed to get broken.

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever Ship Door Panels!!!