Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Modified Flush TA headlights

Old 09-27-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Modified Flush TA headlights

i got bored and photoshopped some flush headlight pics. I know alot of people dont like that the headlights are square so i rounded the corners to see what it would look like. I also blacked out the brights on some of the pics so you could see what that would look like. I hate how the brights are blue, if i ever gets those lights i'm gonna black the brights out with that black tint spray people use to blackout tail lights. Click pics for fullsize

Old 09-27-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

They do look a lot better. I think they still need to be the body color though as the black cars looks decent. It might look even better if the low's had a circular bulb instead of an oval.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kraaazymike
They do look a lot better. I think they still need to be the body color though as the black cars looks decent.
Yes i totally agree and should have mentioned that. If i ever shell out the dough for these, i'm painting the black plastic body color before i put the clear lense on for sure.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lights aren't too bad. I really hate the HO hood though.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Lights aren't too bad. I really hate the HO hood though.
I hear ya, i dunno why some people like those hoods.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

But I kinda like the lights... its something you dont see everyday, however just my .02
Old 09-27-2006, 09:08 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on buying the kit in the future.

I'm going to make a mold out of the base of the kit, and fiberglass away. I'll probably end up going with some C6 housings out of a wrecked car, with Hi/Low beam HIDs.

The base for the lights definately has to be painted body color. The square light kills the look entirely. When I'm done with them, they should look insane.

Pop ups sucks, I hate when people say it's TA heritage. Becuase it's not, it's 3rd gen heritage, and who the hell wants to remember that. Blah, non popups with an HID setup all the way around for me.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
I hate when people say it's TA heritage. Becuase it's not, it's 3rd gen heritage.
I never thought of it that way. I like that!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

pop ups sucks, I hate when people say it's TA heritage. Becuase it's not, it's 3rd gen heritage, and who the hell wants to remember that.
At least a third gen IS a T/A. You can put on goofy overpriced breathless lights and it STILL won't be a Corvette.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:12 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

I don't want it to look like a corvette. I said I'd use C6 HOUSINGS, who knows maybe I'll try some out of a 3 or 5 series first.

Price, who cares about the price. They cornered the market, why wouldn't they get all the money for them. I'm only using the kit as a starting point anyhow.

Point being, pop ups are gay. Ugly, loud, unreliable, clunky... I could go on for hours.

You can keep yours.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody know wher I can buy flush housings? Those look awesome
Old 09-28-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

I don't believe they are being made anymore. When they were, they were around $1,000. Check ebay or the for sale section no here. They MAY still be making them, but I thought I heard otherwise. They are Breathless Performance IIRC.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I don't want it to look like a corvette. I said I'd use C6 HOUSINGS, who knows maybe I'll try some out of a 3 or 5 series first.

Price, who cares about the price. They cornered the market, why wouldn't they get all the money for them. I'm only using the kit as a starting point anyhow.

Point being, pop ups are gay. Ugly, loud, unreliable, clunky... I could go on for hours.

You can keep yours.
This guy rocks! haha, If I ever have a ls1 t/a and you have that kit out, I'd buy it in a heart beat.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
I don't believe they are being made anymore. When they were, they were around $1,000. Check ebay or the for sale section no here. They MAY still be making them, but I thought I heard otherwise. They are Breathless Performance IIRC.
They are still being made.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

it looks cool definety paint body color and clear lenses or maybe chrome around the lights ....but i still like the pop ups WHEN my lights break i'll probably look into those.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you want the non-pop-up lights and are willing to pay $1009 for them, go to breathlessperformance I guess they sell the whole package. I'd buy them in a heartbeat....if they weren't $1000. I'll put that towards a new engine implant thanks.

Last edited by VSGLS1; 10-02-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont like the flush lights. the look of the car wasnt designed for them. the big, gaping hole on the nose with little lights deep in there dont do the car any justice at all. C6s are good, only because they made it look good with the existing look. u can't just slop on flushies on the TA. it looks way out-of-place...
Old 10-02-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ditto.... what he said.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:06 AM
Launching!

I love the look
Old 10-03-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Guys.. Just a FYI for you on teh BPP headlights.....In a nutshell.... THEY SUCK!!
After owning them for over 3 years...spending 400 on replacement lenses that crack if you fart on them, gettin pissed at that, removing the lenses filling in all the damn holes they have in them. sanding thier crappy material down and having the openings all smoothed out and then having them painted to match they finally look decent...but they crack out where they bolt on, the fit is horrible up close, no cooling fans, not a sealed kit like the Vettes have, its a very simple kit really and should not cost more than about 150 bux..but unfortunately they are over 1000. Thier customer service is worse than the price too. Oh yeah...they wanted an ADDITIONAL 900 DOLLARS for the HID upgrade!! I just did it myself last night for $162 haha! But I did replace also something I forgot the crappy *** sealed beam kit they had with a Euro lights upgrade to glass housings that will accept HID's and such.

So ...again...I say...steer clear of BPP headlight kits. they are junk. Although I finally love the look on my car...I am still not happy with the fit and will require another couple hundred dollars of fiberglass work to make right. Oh yeah...one of the adjuster pins broke last night too. I had to fix that as well.

Did I mention they are junk? haha
I will post some pics of them tonight with HID's installed.
Attached Thumbnails Modified Flush TA headlights-ta.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Modified Flush TA headlights