Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Quick Question in regards to storing a vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question in regards to storing a vehicle

Hey guys!

I finally had a chance this weekend to clean up my 02 Trans Am WS6.

I cleaned the under carriage, waxed all jams, cleaned interior... and did 2 coats of NXT on exterior.

Today I just finished storing my car for winter but something bad happened , on the way to the storage place it started to spit rain , now the roads wern't wet at all but my car was all spotted up with little rain specs. also there is a long gravel road going to the storage place which I went very slowly on.

When I stored it I was soo mad and didn't want to touch the paint at all because it was FLAWLESS before I left and didn't want to risk putting swirls or scratches cleaning it up a bit before putting the covers on.

Now my question,

Is it alright for the paint to be really dusty and speckled with rain drops and little tiny specs of gravel? or dust around the wheel wells for 6 months? like will it screw up the paint? I'm really worried as the car is in showroom condition and only has 3900 miles on it. I put the covers on with my dad very carefully not to drag on the car just a straight drop on type a deal.

Will I be okay? it's got 2 coats of NXT on there
Old 10-08-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

It should be ok as long as there isn't a huge gust to move the cover around on the dust. For future reference though NXT is a cleaner wax so it'll strip off the previous layer. I usually do NXT for the first coat to help clean then go on top with Gold Class.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Launching!

theres a huge soft cover from the last car I owned lol (78 Caprice) I put that one on first, then I put the GM Trans Am cover over top which fits snuggly.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

i dont think it will hurt it but if it was me id just go over it with quick detailer and clean it up just be really careful with the gravel specks not to rub them into your paint
Old 10-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Launching!

I would really love to! but the car is just loaded in dust and I don't want to take the chance in scratching the paint job.

will any of the dust/gravel specs, make markings in the paint job like pitting or anything?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Launching!

i wouldnt worry about it mine is like that every year after i get it out of storage and it all washes right off