Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Corvette heater control in a f-body?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette heater control in a f-body?

Is it possibel to change the F-body heater controsl with the Vette ones? does anyone have a picture of the backside of the non-climate control heater controls?

Last edited by Waveridr85; 10-11-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the dual zone disply from the C5? If so, there is no way to make it work in a fbody. You have to the blend doors, actuator, wireing, control box and everything else.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Nope, just the assembly without the dual zone.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a Vette then. C5s are pretty cheap these days.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Get a Vette then. C5s are pretty cheap these days.

Hate to say it, but these are the most retarded type of replies you can give. Totally unhelpful and not at all conducive to this type of forum.

Almost all of us want something that was originally offered on a different car than ours, and responding with "WELL BUY IT!" does nothing to inspire people to fabricate or try new things.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by evilbadz

Almost all of us want something that was originally offered on a different car than ours

What percentage of people are you talking about? Or are you talking about yourself? Also what help did you provide him or her with your comment and or post?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
What percentage of people are you talking about? Or are you talking about yourself? Also what help did you provide him or her with your comment and or post?
I'm talking about a large percentage of people. How many people put stripes on their camaros? Ram air hoods? Paint their calipers red? Berger panel?

I guess that Procharger was an option on your car from Chevy right? K.

And no my post wasn't helpful, it was made to point out how unhelpful yours was. You can see from my sig I've done my share to help people out.

Last edited by evilbadz; 10-11-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

I'm talking about a large percentage of people. How many people put stripes on their camaros? Ram air hoods? Paint their calipers red? Berger panel?

I guess that Procharger was an option on your car from Chevy right? K.

And no my post wasn't helpful, it was made to point out how unhelpful yours was. You can see from my sig I've done my share to help people out.
Thanks, he was being an asshat. Maybe we will find soem info on this topic
Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Waveridr85
Thanks, he was being an asshat. Maybe we will find soem info on this topic
If I had any useful information I'd be happy to help, other people have posted before you wanted to do the same thing. I think it'd be really awesome to see a F-Body get a little more class with an electronic HCAV control.

Good luck with it
Old 10-11-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Hate to say it, but these are the most retarded type of replies you can give. Totally unhelpful and not at all conducive to this type of forum.

Almost all of us want something that was originally offered on a different car than ours, and responding with "WELL BUY IT!" does nothing to inspire people to fabricate or try new things.
agreed +1, i hate when people do **** liek that. whats the point?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:11 PM

I am sorry if I made some people upset. I did not mean to. Once again sorry.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Back on topic, has anyone changed there F-body heater controls with the Vette ones? Or tried anything like this?
Seems like a cool idea.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

didn't this topic come up just last week? I'm having trouble with the search but I'm nearly positive a topic almost identical to this just came up
Old 10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian2006
didn't this topic come up just last week? I'm having trouble with the search but I'm nearly positive a topic almost identical to this just came up
Yes it did, and I believe it amounted to nothing at the end.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:21 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

OK, lets put the BS aside.

My take on the subject, is that anything can be done. How much do you want to pay, and much of your car do want to hack into.

The way I see it right now, you'd need to find out if the vette uses vacuum, or electronically controlled blend doors. Obviously the panel is electronic... Our cars use all vacuum I believe. I thought in the back of my head, one of the controls may be cable operated.

I'm 99% positive that they are vacuum though.

Now aside from that, you would probably need the computer out of a vette as well. I'm sure this system is controlled by the central body electronics. So you'd need a C5 computer JUST to control the HVAC system. By computer, I mean BCM.

I may be off on that, as I'm a BMW tech and these cars are WORLDS apart.

Either way, this is where you'd need to start.

Your main obstacles right now are the vacuum operated blend doors. The lack of a "brain" for the HVAC control panel. Not to mention the fact, that the C5 has dual climate zones as mentioned above.

Anything is possible, but it would be one HELL of a task.

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 10-11-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
OK, lets put the BS aside.

My take on the subject, is that anything can be done. How much do you want to pay, and much of your car do want to hack into.

The way I see it right now, you'd need to find out if the vette uses vacuum, or electronically controlled blend doors. Obviously the panel is electronic... Our cars use all vacuum I believe. I thought in the back of my head, one of the controls may be cable operated.

I'm 99% positive that they are vacuum though.

Now aside from that, you would probably need the computer out of a vette as well. I'm sure this system is controlled by the central body electronics. So you'd need a C5 computer JUST to control the HVAC system. By computer, I mean BCM.

I may be off on that, as I'm a BMW tech and these cars are WORLDS apart.

Either way, this is where you'd need to start.

Your main obstacles right now are the vacuum operated blend doors. The lack of a "brain" for the HVAC control panel. Not to mention the fact, that the C5 has dual climate zones as mentioned above.

Anything is possible, but it would be one HELL of a task.

I am wanting to avoid the dual climate control one and get the plain regular HVAC such as this one, it should make stuff pretty easy. Who knows, it may be plug and play. Can anyone supply pictures of the rear of this unit?

Last edited by Waveridr85; 10-11-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:46 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by Waveridr85
I am wanting to avoid the dual climate control one and get the plain regular HVAC such as this one, it should make stuff pretty easy. Who knows, it may be plug and play. Can anyone supply pictures of the rear of this unit?

Eh, I wouldn't count on it being plug and play. Sorry I misunderstood your first post about the non climate control (dual climate). My mistake.

Rear defrost button should be easy. At the most just go to the junk yard and have them cut the factory clips for that style HVAC unit. That way you can solder them onto the factory F body harness. That's what I'd do for a clean install anyways.

The A/C in our cars is only selectable via the distribution ****. That's an issue, as that A/C button won't be usable.

Along with the other two buttons on the left, which aren't included on an Fbody HVAC system.

Kind of renders the entire swap pointless, know what I'm saying?

Ever think about spicing up the factory stuff a little bit? I know the interiors of our cars are cheap.... I went ahead and bought silver overlays for everything. Added some decals to give them that custom look as well. Then I bought some billet ***** off ebay, originally made by MBA when they were still around. Then I had them anodized to match my shift ****.

Red/black/silver is just my thing, everything I own has that color combo. You could do something more subtle, and it makes a HELL of a difference. No more shitty plastic feel.

There's a pic to get you thinking. IMO that 'vette HVAC panel won't be worth it once all those buttons are useless.

Oh, and no flak on that red vinyl pontiac arrow head! I pulled that a day after I tried it and posted pics. Nobody liked it, including me

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 10-11-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats a monte carlo or impala hvac control! i had a monte!

Quick Reply: Corvette heater control in a f-body?