Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My winter mod/detail thread (the beginning pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My winter mod/detail thread (the beginning pics)

Well, as most of you know, winter is around the corner and time for myself to get this car ready for its big day in February (1000 point WWC Winternations) Since the long haul on the Power Tour, I have not been able to do anything to the SS but wash it twice . The only road it has seen has been Track Days at Road Atlanta. So after Sunday, the SS will go up on stands and begin its updating and detailing. Here is two of the many items that will see its debut in Orlando. I will post up the progress as I clean, paint, detail, and install new goodies. Should be a great winter for the SS.
Attached Thumbnails My winter mod/detail thread (the beginning pics)-pic_0001.jpg   My winter mod/detail thread (the beginning pics)-pic_0002.jpg   My winter mod/detail thread (the beginning pics)-pic_0003.jpg   My winter mod/detail thread (the beginning pics)-pic_0001.jpg  
Old 10-13-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like you have a nice little winter project. Where did you get the grille from?
Old 10-13-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Looks like you have a nice little winter project. Where did you get the grille from?
The grille came from Afterthoughts.com. Sponsor over to the right. The SS came from year one. These are indeed fun winter projects. They just get expensive.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your cleaning plans?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZaneO
What are your cleaning plans?
Buff the car down and do a full Menzerna treatment, pull the tranny, wheels, some of the suspension and detail the underside as well as paint some of the underside. Then wash the motor down and detail that area. The underside is the worst as we had two rain storms on the power tour, the rest is just dusty.