Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

where is that post about the PLASTIC-X that someone used on there headlights????

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is that post about the PLASTIC-X that someone used on there headlights????

i tried search..found nothing... i used it and it's great.. i just wanted to tell everyone else that is was a great product!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes it is! I used it to clean up my taillights and center filler on my firebird. Very good product for sure!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Launching!

i went to take pics of my results...then my damn camera took a dump on me.... but it is fixed now so i'll have to wait until it stops rainning to get some good pix.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

PlastX does work nicely on lightly-scratched/hazed headlights, but do keep in mind that it's largely the oil saturation that gives the plastic a "like-new" shine, which even goes as far as to hide some scratches. IMO, for this reason. PlastX is more practical for use on CDs.

If you ever run into a badly worn pair of headlights, you're gonna have to go with the good old sand paper. My girlfriend's Grand Cherokee hardly responded to PlastX by hand. I tried pairing it to a Powerball for some bite, but it still didn't budge.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have posted a thread on using it. It works good. But for some realy bad lights you might have to wet sand with 1500 too 2000 grit sand paper and then use the plastx.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Restricted User

yea thats what most of those "lens repair kits" come with...some regular sand paper to wet sand the lens, and some plastic polisher....does work wonders but just remember to sand light and see how much you're sanding because if you sand too rough, you might mess the light up bad, and they're not cheap lol