Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

You guys with aftermarket seats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default You guys with aftermarket seats?

Sorry, DEMONBIRD has got me wanting new seats. Those of you with aftermarket 'racing' seats, what did you do for the bracket and to get it to work out? I know there is one manufacturer who sells them but they are $65 a piece which is expensive for a piece of metal.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have sparco milanos and love them. The brackets were expensive but, they did fit pretty nice and I was happy to have to do little alterations. Whick bracket you need will depend on which aftermarket seat you get.
good luck

drag section may be better if your looking for really light (kirky) seats
Old 10-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trust
Sorry, DEMONBIRD has got me wanting new seats. Those of you with aftermarket 'racing' seats, what did you do for the bracket and to get it to work out? I know there is one manufacturer who sells them but they are $65 a piece which is expensive for a piece of metal.
Ha ! Well, from my previous experience it's usually pretty easy to make something to bolt the stock brackets to whatever seats you buy...

For Cerullos I used 1" boxed steel (bolted it straight across the seat bottom and then the rails bolted to the steel towards the center).

For the Summit seats I bolted them to holes in the seat (the rail's hole and seat bottom matched up) then on the front holes I drilled holes in the seat bottom (it has a metal frame) and just used a nut and bolt on the front (and a spacer actually since the seat bottom was curving away from the frame)...

Hopefully I'll have the Arizens/MadRacing seats by Christmas and I can post up what needs to be done for those...

To be honest, if you have a dremel and cordless drill you can go buy a piece of flat steel (which you can get from any hardware store) you'll be set to make whatever you need.

If you don't have these items you can go buy them (again at any hardware store) and spend the same if not less than you would on the brackets BUT you would have a dremel and cordless drill for future projects as well now .
Old 10-29-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the stock rails to mount mine on. Like DemonBird Said..you just need to make a bracket..

here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....61&postcount=1

Last edited by BitViper; 10-29-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: You guys with aftermarket seats?