Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

detail question

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default detail question

ok well ima wax the SS it has some pretty mean swirls that i thought i got rid of by hand, but they came back. i'll post some before and after pix since i just got a digital camera and a porter cable. heres my question: i want to tape off some sections of my car, like my stripes, my t-tops, windows, lights etc. etc. what tape should i use? obviously masking tape, but i dont want to use something thats gonna harm my paint, is blue painters tape any better than regular masking tape? i was thinking i should probably use really cheap dollar store tape since the adhessive on cheap tapes is usually really crappy. thanks!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it not necessary to do this or what?

anyone do this before they wax?
Old 10-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by osvaldo
ok well ima wax the SS it has some pretty mean swirls that i thought i got rid of by hand, but they came back. i'll post some before and after pix since i just got a digital camera and a porter cable. heres my question: i want to tape off some sections of my car, like my stripes, my t-tops, windows, lights etc. etc. what tape should i use? obviously masking tape, but i dont want to use something thats gonna harm my paint, is blue painters tape any better than regular masking tape? i was thinking i should probably use really cheap dollar store tape since the adhessive on cheap tapes is usually really crappy. thanks!
The cheap tape's adhessive is so crappy it is left on your paint. I wouldn't use anything but the blue 3M painters tape.

Tape off the stripes, the rest is fine. Any residue can be cleaned with Meguairs Final Inspection.

Quick Reply: detail question