Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

97+ Camaro owners with power antennas here is a simple kill switch.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97+ Camaro owners with power antennas here is a simple kill switch.

I installed a 97+ Camaro dash in my 95z28. I have had a power antenna in my car for about a year but i never had a place to put my power antenna kill switch on my old Trans Am Dash. Well now that i had the newer Camaro dash in my car i decided to take advantage of the extra switch locations. I bought an extra 97+ Fog light switch and Fog light plug in. There are five wires on the back of a Fog light plug and here is how i wired it in.
Yellow wire- Antenna side of the power antenna wire
Brown wire- Radio side of the power antenna wire
Green wire- Splice this wire into the yellow wire. This will make the orange indicator light come on when the button is pushed.
Gray wire- I spliced this wire into the Gray wire off the existing fog light switch.
Black wire- I spliced this into the black wire off the existing fog light switch.

Now when you push the button to on your antenna will go up, and when its in the off position the antenna will stay down. On my car i can leave the antenna down and get almost every station in crystal clear, just some of the less popular stations i have to put the antenna up to get them in. Now if you're particular like me you can take this next step. I bought a spare ASR switch and used a screwdriver and popped the button off. I then popped the fog light button off and replaced it with the ASR button. This way it won't look like i have 2 fog light switches. Also if someone asks what ASR is i can say its the Antenna Signal Remote or something... You can use an SGS button if you want as well but i just wanted the ASR because it seems like it might be Antenna related. ****Note while popping the button off the switch hold the button upright at all times, because once the button comes off the switch the guts of the switch come loose. If you turn the switch upside down the guts will fall loose and you'll have to take the switch further apart to put it back together. **** I hope this helped some of you guys out.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Launching!

hmmm... i might wanna do this to my T/A. i get so damn sick of the antenna going up everytime i turn on the radio. i mostly only listen to CD's and it's pointless to have the thing up.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess this doesn't have to be for a power antenna this wiring setup would work for anything you want to be able to turn on and off, such as a fan switch etc.

Quick Reply: 97+ Camaro owners with power antennas here is a simple kill switch.