Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Race Seats (few questions for people who have them).

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Race Seats (few questions for people who have them).

Well I'm sick and tired of slideing around in my stock leather seats so over the winter I want to switch them out with some race seats, but I have some questions...

1. Has anyone put Corbeau A4 or CR1 seats in a 4th gen F-body? If so, how well do they fit, and did you have to do any modifications to the interior to get them in?

2. Has anyone used the "cheaper" Summit type race seats (or any seats that arnt brand name) and been satisfied with the fit/quality?

3. Is there any way to keep my power adjustment system when switching to a race seat or am I SOL?

Please chime in if you have any relevent info/advice/opinions...
Old 11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Well I'm sick and tired of slideing around in my stock leather seats so over the winter I want to switch them out with some race seats, but I have some questions...

1. Has anyone put Corbeau A4 or CR1 seats in a 4th gen F-body? If so, how well do they fit, and did you have to do any modifications to the interior to get them in?

2. Has anyone used the "cheaper" Summit type race seats (or any seats that arnt brand name) and been satisfied with the fit/quality?

3. Is there any way to keep my power adjustment system when switching to a race seat or am I SOL?

Well, to answer your questions:

1. Bitviper just put in some Corbeau CR1s with custom upholstery and seems to love them:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/612899-re-upholstered-corbeau-cr1-s.html

SnakeStomper also has a set and the look AWESOME:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=corbeau

2. I had Summit seats in my Trans-Am and HATED them (they feel rubbery, like you're sitting in a condom) and sat WAY too high on the factory brackets):

as far as other seats go KANDY SS just got these seats:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/610059-both-custom-seats.html

Although, he has a height issue with them (others people might not care or may find a way to address it better so I still wouldn't rule them out, I think they look GREAT) and will be getting the same seats I am ordering this month:

For reference, here's a similar style seat (a real Recaro which the above seat is modeled after) installed in hrsspwr's Camaro:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....7&postcount=20

and the cheapest place, to find BOTH of the above styles (the ones in KANDY SS's link and the black leather seats I posted) in MANY COLORS AND OPTIONS, is here (one is $300 for the PAIR and the other is $400 for the PAIR):

http://www.madracingconcepts.com/Seats/seats.htm

3. Yes, you can easily adapt your factory rails to most aftermarket seats and retain your power functions... You are NOT "**** out of luck" !

Also, SpdFrk1990 just put some Sparcos in and I think they look great as well:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...36#post5931336

Do a search, many other guys have put aftermarket seats in our cars... I've just listed what I feel to be some of the best options and examples

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 11-23-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Resident

Thanks Demonbird, thats pretty much sold me on the Corbuea CR1's.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned

Found another Corbeau link I was looking for and updated my first post for you...
Old 11-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Banned

The Corbeau TRSs look good as well (couldn't add to my first post, too many pics)...

ls1mongrel's car:

Old 11-23-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got corbeau legacy and couldnt be happier and are nice tight fit on my body. they look a lot like the recaros already posted
Old 11-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Banned

While we're on the subject of Corbeau's... Here's MyKeySS's Corbeau GTS II seats:

Old 11-24-2006, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DEMONBIRD just about covered everything

If your waist is larger than 34..id say get the wide version

Also...You can use the electric stock rails..but it does leave you sort of high..if you like sittingreal low then youll need to go withe the rails that come with the seats
Old 11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Resident

Hey Bitviper, how well does the seat flip forward? Not that I ever use the backseat, but sometimes I need to throw the girlfriend (or a few of her friends) back there.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Bitviper, how well does the seat flip forward? Not that I ever use the backseat, but sometimes I need to throw the girlfriend (or a few of her friends) back there.
There's ahandle on teh back of te seat..just flip it up
Old 12-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Restricted User - Non Spon Soliciting

wow Demonbird, very helpful post. I want to chime in on the madracing seats (the ones I use to have). As Demonbird mentioned, I sent them back b/c of the height issues and minor quality issues. Since then, I have had arizen racing sports (more $ but worth it) custom make a front and rear set for me. I will have them shortly.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

How do the seats feel on a long ride (> 1 hr one way)?
Old 01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Not a problem on long trips..the CR1's are very form fitting
Old 01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input BitViper. I'm on the Big side (6'0" & 300lb) w/ short legs and long torso. LOL
Old 01-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

Well I have an answer for numbers 2 and 3 now...

2. Yes, my seats were black leather and $458 shipped to my door. They look great and I love them!

3. Yes, you can definetly keep your power adjustment...

BOTH answers that I just listed are described in DETAIL in my thread here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/640253-how-install-aftermarket-mad-racing-arizen-recaro-seats-factory-rails.html

Before you order a set though I have to address what you said here:

Originally Posted by Dave1970
Thanks for the input BitViper. I'm on the Big side (6'0" & 300lb) w/ short legs and long torso. LOL
To be honest, these seats would be uncomfortably tight on you (if your waist is larger than 36") and being that you have short legs and a long torso I would highly recommend AGAINST you trying to retain the power adjustability...

It will put you further from the pedals and closer to the roof, exactly the opposite of what your body type would require...

However, if you use the sliders that come with the seats and buy the brackets so you can bolt them to our floorboard you will sit lower (good for your torso height) and closer to the pedals (good for your legs)...

If you aren't larger than a 36" waste I think the seats I have with store bought brackets would work fine for you...

Whatever seats you go with, I think keeping the power rails would make the car uncomfortable for you...

Quick Reply: Race Seats (few questions for people who have them).