Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Firebird bumper vs trans am bumper length

Old 11-26-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird bumper vs trans am bumper length

how much shorter is the firebird/formula bumper over our trans am stock bumpers? i hate the way the bumper hangs so far out past the wheels and i was wondering if i swapped to a firebird bumper if i wouls save any length. Plus i really like the wings west kit for them i think they look pretty good. Although they probably make it stick back out! I know this is a weird question but i dont have a firebird to measure. This is a 98-02 style by the way. I actually have a 94 firebird but, thats half a generation back worng style of course. Any help appreciated.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

The two bumpers are relatively the same length. If you get a front valence piece you'll only exaserbate your bumper length issue and then you'll have an additional low height issue. You'll scrape the bumper on ants on the street. I know, I used to have one.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

kraaazymike-which kit did you used to have? do you have any pics? i figured there was only an inch or two difference but i saw a post yesterday with a formula firehawk and in the picture the front bumper looked a lot shorter than usual. I never really thought of it before so i thought id ask as i didnt have one to measure. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you talking about the front bumpers or the rear? When I look I look at TA's, the front and the rears look like they sit lower than my v6 bumpers. I got a hold of a TA rear and it did sit lower. Just by looking at the front, I'd say its lower too. But I'd have to measure it up to make sure.

But hey, if you're looking to replace your rear bumper , PM =)
Old 11-28-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i was talkin front but really it applies to both. i think a firebird bumper is shorter for sure. I have an extra rear bumper though, ill pm you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Firebird bumper vs trans am bumper length