Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

polish, chrome, powder coat, or paint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default polish, chrome, powder coat, or paint?

I have my entire engine apart now and I'm debating on either having the water pump, accessory bracket, alternator, valve covers, and accessory bracket polished/chromed/powder coated/painted.

I believe having the items polished to a mirror finished would be the most visually appealing however it would be a major pain in the *** to keep them polished especially the hard to reach areas like the accessory bracket.

The pic below has the accessory bracket polished.

In these pics it looks like its been chromed.

Or I thought about having all of the pieces powder coated black and only having the valve covers and alternator polished/chromed.

Kind of like this VRE engine:

What do you guys think?

-B
Old 12-23-2006, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Finally got my parts back and this is the result.... now Im trying to figure out what bolts are visible and have those chromed also along with a custom intake for my blower. Stupid thing is that once you have a few parts chromed.... you end up having everything chromed to match! Grrr....

I wish would have taken pictures before the plating process so I could compare. I'll take more shots during the day time because those crappy pictures do not do the plating job justice!

-B
Old 12-23-2006, 02:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would have the easy to reach areas polished and the hard to reach powercoated. I see that you are in the LA CA area if you are looking for a place to polish etc.. search for Rob 94Hawk 319 he is a member here and owns a shop and a polishing place. Good luck

Quick Reply: polish, chrome, powder coat, or paint?