Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

98 Firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Firehawk

i was wondering if anyone had pics of the 1998 Firehawk. I was wanting to see the headlights on it and the hood modifications. I kinda wanted to see what was almost available!! It has always made me wonder why slp didnt at least sell the headlights even if they weren't included in the firehawk package. I wish there was an alternative to breathles performance. Maybe ill just make some!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do u mean this

Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

They didn't actually offer it an option to '98s did they? I thought they just offered it as an aftermarket part?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

They have them at a few places, the damn things are around 1000 though. To much.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here is the scoop on that hawk. that was prototype, never mass made it. i want to say 3 were made. dave hamburger has the light assy and puts it on ebay for 10k every once in a while to attract attention to his ebay shop. i believe 2 or 3 hoods were made to fit it, i know 1 was destroyed, i think he has one somewhere and if there was a third, i think a private party has it. i know atleast 2 were made and that 1 was destroyed for sure, the other 2 i believe what i said is correct, but its been a while since we had this discussion on firehawk.org. yes you can get lights LIKE that. but not exactly the same. the prototype lights were a different size which made the hood align dif and the hood was different too.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea those asre the ones i was talking about. 98 was only a prototype year dut to the intro of the ls1 style and they couldne work out kinks. # were made including one convertable. They took a stock hood and added extensions and fillers and molded i think 5 hoods off that one but i didnt think any of it was ever publicly sold or traded in any way. Actually i think those are worse than the breathless performance kit. Man no wonder hey didnt go with that! i want to just make some with two round projector beams, maybee a carbon fiber housing!
Old 11-28-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GotV-8
They have them at a few places, the damn things are around 1000 though. To much.
your thinking the breathless performance kit, these here were never sold.Or at least not mass produced like only 3 sets exist. If you look, these are almost mirrored breathless because these have a square on the inside and breathless has a circle on the inside. But your right they appear very similar dont blame you for getting confuses. Plus with breathless, theyre not actually headlights, the circles are blue foglights worked into it
Old 11-28-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 530transam
yea those asre the ones i was talking about. 98 was only a prototype year dut to the intro of the ls1 style and they couldne work out kinks. # were made including one convertable. They took a stock hood and added extensions and fillers and molded i think 5 hoods off that one but i didnt think any of it was ever publicly sold or traded in any way. Actually i think those are worse than the breathless performance kit. Man no wonder hey didnt go with that! i want to just make some with two round projector beams, maybee a carbon fiber housing!
i know of atleast one guy that has a 98 hawk. it was one of the prototypes. when slp sold it to him they took off ole lumpy and put on a reg T/A spoiler and also took off the light assy and hood and put standard T/A lights on it and standard hawk hood on it.

edit
what a concidence (sp) but he just posted on here. on firehawk.org his name his camino somethin. anyway i just found his post on here. he has the slp troy car (last hawk ever built) and his 98 i refered to above. you can view slideshows of each on here, i guess they are always forsale for the right price

edit 2
link