Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which rear seat delte is this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Which rear seat delte is this?

does anybody know who makes this? its one of the cleanest i've seen, and might pick a set up if i can figure out where they are..

Old 12-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

floormats?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:34 AM
11 Second Club

no i don't think so..it looks like its just a small angled cover, i like it alot more than the other ones i have seen.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:41 AM
TECH Junkie

that is a clean setup
Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i don't understand this mod. Why would you want big empty spaces behind your seat? is there a purpose? like maybe a nos bottle? In which case why not a trunk mount? or a huge stereo system which would most likely not look good. I'm not bashing or trying to offend anyone its just that it doesn't make sense to me can somebody shed some light for me? Its very clean it just seams to me like there should be seats hunkered up in those tight little pockets. Like the enterior of a vette with the seats waaaayyy forward.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:39 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 530transam
i don't understand this mod. Why would you want big empty spaces behind your seat? is there a purpose? like maybe a nos bottle? In which case why not a trunk mount? or a huge stereo system which would most likely not look good. I'm not bashing or trying to offend anyone its just that it doesn't make sense to me can somebody shed some light for me? Its very clean it just seams to me like there should be seats hunkered up in those tight little pockets. Like the enterior of a vette with the seats waaaayyy forward.
I feel you... Hence my post:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ar+seat+delete

Regardless, I think the pics posted in this thread are one of the best I've seen as well... Wish I could shed some light for you on who makes them but I can't so TTT for you...
Old 12-01-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 530transam

weight reduction is one (go faster).. the rear seats and rear seatbelts weigh almost 40 pounds... that is almost 1/2 a tenth ..
Old 12-01-2006, 07:12 AM
mcG
TECH Resident

plus you don't have to drive your friends
Old 12-01-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You know when nasty hoes and ugly fat friends want a ride in the back of your car, and its already too low, so when they get in and smash the suspension down to the road its ubber gay. That my friend, is why we do this mod.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Magnet
no i don't think so..it looks like its just a small angled cover, i like it alot more than the other ones i have seen.
I think I remember a post a while back with the owner saying that they were indeed floormats.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

i took the pictures from W2W's camaro ss buildup that you can see HERE i asked them who made them and if they were available, and they said that they were made and can't be bought he said that they just used cardboard as a template..

and as far as WHY...i'm all about going as fast as possible, and if i can shed 40ish lbs and make it looks pretty decent at the same time, why the heck wouldn't i do it?? everyone knows the rear seats are usless anyways
Old 12-02-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

the actual seats dont way much at all, its mostly the seatbelts... and most people make deleting the seats for weight totally useless since they add 25lbs of wood and carpet and never remove the seatbelts....

but that delete does look good, and doesnt look like it adds any weight..they also got rid of the buckel part of the seatbelt, and most likely the heavy retracting part..

if i did this it wouldnt be for weight it would be for the !passenger
Old 12-02-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed, especially in these cars when you throw a y-pipe or x-pipe with aftermarket headers you scrape everywhere with just a passenger. Now try having fat old bob try to ride in the back, when your girlfriend is riding shot gun. Now you really scrape. TTT for a GREAT looking rear seat delete
Old 12-02-2006, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

the only reason i took them out was moochers.
BACK ON TOPIC that is really clean
Old 12-04-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So instead of taking them out, why not tell the Fat bob, and the muchers...sorry no ride for you? I personally think gettin rid of the rear seats look gay, cause nothing fits in there and nothing looks seemless, and even if you do get it seemless it's a huge void of dead space.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

I tool mine out and put my floormats there and that is what it looked like, I didnt even disconnnect the buckle for the seatbelt I just put it under the floormat
Old 12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

No one ever sits in my back seat so I took it out and replaced it with my stereo instead. I didn't want to lose my T-Top holders so this was the only place to put them. I personally like it and that's all that really matters.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
I personally like it and that's all that really matters.
Answer to this question and alot that are posted about appearance related questions.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by presto_z
the actual seats dont way much at all, its mostly the seatbelts... and most people make deleting the seats for weight totally useless since they add 25lbs of wood and carpet and never remove the seatbelts....
I remember GMHTP doing weight reduction years ago and I know the seats weighed 16 lb. I think the seats and belts together weighed ~32 lb.

Add ~4-6 lb. for mats and that's only a race-weight savings of ~26-28 lb. Unless you go matless . . . which wouldn't look good in the appearance section

As far as appearance goes; the delete pics in this thread look goooooooood
Old 12-04-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
No one ever sits in my back seat so I took it out and replaced it with my stereo instead. I didn't want to lose my T-Top holders so this was the only place to put them. I personally like it and that's all that really matters.

If the carpet was smoothed out a little better that would be perfect Also, what seats are those?

Quick Reply: Which rear seat delte is this?