Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

T/A overlays + Red led's

Old 12-16-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face T/A overlays + Red led's

Just got in some overlays for my 02 ta from afterthoughts and some red led's. Was a bit dissapointed with the fitment. I would be ashamed if I were the guy that gave them a GM approval product. They didn't fit that well. The "O" in pontiac was a tad big, the "I" was a tad too small and a host of other problems etc... If you are particular person you probably won't like these ones. If you are a don't care cause it looks great from afar... good product and price.

The Led's, from your local auto store, were not as bright as I thought they would be. Then when you pressed the brake pedal they really didn't light up the way I figured an Led would. To add insult to injury it threw a problem in the flasher system. The store sells a "short term" fix it for the flasher problem. My recomendation is don't bother. My opinion is just that like an *** hole, most of us got one.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If you swap the signal and brake bulbs to LEDs, you need to swap the stock thermal flasher for an electronic flassher (ex: Trident EL-12).

Also, what LED bulbs did you use? The ones available in most auto parts stores are crap. All the LEDs in them point strait out so you end up with a bright spot and not much light elsewhere. The unit needs to have extra bright LEDS aimed in all directions to fill the housing with light. The "tower" LEDs were a good start, but some have said that they are still not bright enough. There is a newer brighter one though available on ebay (example -- I have no experience with these though). Also, it has been recommended that you use an LED of the same light as the lens that it is behind since the lens only allows light that color to pass through. Therefore, much of the light of a white led will be blocked by a red lens while most of the light of a red led will pass through a red lens.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes sir it was a red un. Bought it at the zone of auto. And true for the flasher but for the price and wow factor, it wasn't very wow.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

you bought some crappy LEDs mine work great even through VHT nightshade

Old 12-17-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

They worked and you can see them, they were made by Sylvania. There was not much of a differece between on and on with the break pedel pressed. It looked too much the same for my likeing. I wanted lazer beams to hit people in the eye when I stop so I don't get rearended. For the price I didnt see the difference I expected.

Search this Thread