Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Where to buy THESE hockey stripes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Where to buy THESE hockey stripes

i need to know where to buy these hockey stripes. not somthing similar, or close to it. i want these. these are the only ones i like and cant for the life of me find where to buy them.
Attached Thumbnails Where to buy THESE hockey stripes-hockey-stripe.jpg  
Old 12-22-2006, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I could probably find you something similar, or close to it maybe.

Sorry I really couldnt help myself.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss1129
I could probably find you something similar, or close to it maybe.

Sorry I really couldnt help myself.
ill cut you some slack this time.
no i have found many different varients but i think they are a berger stripe. it looks like berger built that camaro for the hotrod power tour and the other picture i have on my computer is a berger camaro also and its got the same strripes.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shawn at fourthcircledesigns can make you one just like it
Old 12-22-2006, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that car's stripes are painted on.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Trust
shawn at fourthcircledesigns can make you one just like it
is he a sponsor? how do i get ahold of him.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
I think that car's stripes are painted on.
Nope the Hockey Stick Stripes are a decal. GMMG made the Hot Rod cars for Berger Chevrolet. Good luck I have yet to find a set that are the same as the GMMG ones.

Good luck
Old 12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01pewter2001z28
Nope the Hockey Stick Stripes are a decal. GMMG made the Hot Rod cars for Berger Chevrolet. Good luck I have yet to find a set that are the same as the GMMG ones.

Good luck

Maybe the ower of that car can give him a definite answer.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:58 PM
12 Second Club

i cant find the owner. im thinking about writing to Hot Rod magazine and asking them. or contacting Berger Chevrolet and seeing what i can come up with. i really want the stripes and thoes are the only ones that i like.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

http://www.bergerchevy.com/vehicle.php?stock=pa12799b

i was on Berger's website and found this Berger forsale. bad *** car.......
Old 12-22-2006, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

alright, just got off the phone with Kevin at Berger and he said all the stripes are copyright protected and they wont sell them seperate. so looks like im off to get custom vynals made.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah it is. I like those stripes as well. I bet anyone that does vinyl work could copy them.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will get with my buddy in our local club he has a GMMG Berger Hot Rod car and see if I can come on over and trace the hockey stick stripe and see if we can get some made (we will need to make a small adjustment to them as so we do not break copyright on them).

Sean

Here is a up close shot of the stripe
Old 12-22-2006, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

I will get with my buddy in our local club he has a GMMG Berger Hot Rod car and see if I can come on over and trace the hockey stick stripe and see if we can get some made (we will need to make a small adjustment to them as so we do not break copyright on them).

Sean

Here is a up close shot of the stripe
i got a red "x". but if we can get a close match im sure we can come up with a reputable place to repro these. i just think the other ones look cheap or dont follow the lines of the car right. i just think these look perfect. i bet whoever repros them could sell a **** load of them. i think they are the only ones that look right

EDIT: ok i see you got your broken link fixed........
Old 12-22-2006, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

www.fourthcircledesigns.com
Old 12-22-2006, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

http://www.fourthcircledesigns.com/p...products_id=42
alright, i like the one directly below the price but the others look different. they are sloped toward the rear of the car. i dont like them. i know im being very picky, but im not going to put somthing on my car i dont like. if you look you can tell the difference in the thumbnail below the price and the ones on the red LT1 short style.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Here you go http://www.3rdgendecals.com/HockeySticks.htm
Old 12-22-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck
That is in fact my father's Phase IIX HotRod Camaro (#1977) from Berger Chevrolet. There is several more pictures where that one was taken from on the Cardomain page in my signature below.

The stripe on the Sunoco/Dick Harrell hood is painted but the hockey stripes are infact vinyl but not your basic sign shop grade. What I mean is they are a laminated with a clear layer on top to make them shine and make the space between the outer pinstripes and the main hockey stick stripes (where the pewter color shines through) flush to where you cannot feel any ridges. The extra shine from the clear layer is often mistaken as painted. The clear is also done for durability, no wax will collect in the space and it insures that during the stripe install the spacing between the center and outline stripe does not vary. Something I had to watch while installing my rear stripes. The hood stripe on the Sunoco/Dick Harrell is painted

And yes Berger (or GMMG) will not sell you these stripes which is too bad as they are the ONLY hockey stick stripes made so far that I like on a 4th gen. The others out there for sale all look a little off with the front section curvature or the exaggerated with of the tail piece. If you could duplicate the Berger stripes I think that many Camaro owners would be lining up to buy them.

It's funny to see the picture of the 360 HP Camaro posted (Car #1976) as that was the car Dad was origionally going to purchase until we we re following (in my car) that car and saw it pogostick a couple feet in the air after hitting a garbage truck driveshaft at 70 mph on the Power Tour in 2003. The drive shaft ripped the tranny crossmenber off the car, went through the trans and made the back seat foot well curve up instead of down!! The car jumped in the air so hard the HotRod staff member driving the car ripped the shifter **** completely off and had in his trembling hand when he stepped out of the car. Must have been a scary ride for sure

The car was being driven on tour for the week by the HotRod Magazine staff then dad was going to drive it back to Michigan from Texas at the end of the tour, but the car never made it to Texas. Instead it got a trailer ride back to Michigan and Dad bought the twin to this car #1977 which was safe back at the Berger dealership.

Ahhh....... the memories! I feel sorry for whoever bought that car, last I knew it was in Florida. I still wonder what happened to the Crager wheels that were on the car, they were swapped for some Mustang replica wheels with the stepped wheel lips.

Here is a pic of our cars together......

Old 12-22-2006, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

The 3rd gen decals stripes are about the best I've found in terms of looks outside the Berger/Hot Rod stripes. I do think the Berger ones are a tad too thin on the horizontal part of the stripe though. Eventually I plan to paint the stripes on my car and redesign them slightly so they flow better with the lines of the nose/fender.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Junkie

lol, and I was fixin to say talk w/ SS_LS1 being that looks like his fathers car.

Yeah, good luck getting ANYTHING like that directly thru Berger or GMMG. GMMG might be a little more leniant, but I doubt it. IMO, you're better off going to a painter w/ a pic of what you want and seeing if he cant possibly recreate them to the best of his ability (unless you want vinyl, then talk w/ 4thgen or some of the other groups listed)

Quick Reply: Where to buy THESE hockey stripes