Sponsored by: DashLynx

Changing/replacing foglights

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing/replacing foglights

one of my foglights burn out.
1st question- how do i get to them to replace the bulb? do i have to take off the entire bumper?thats what it seems like but there could be an easier way
2nd question-should i go to all this trouble to put a stock bulb back in? how do i get my hand on some hid fogs and what do they cost? i have a set of aftermarket direct replacement that are blue and have halos. I dont know if ill use the halo feature or not yet, still undecided, But i probably will. However, the light assembly comes off the back of these so i was thinking of retro fitting an actual 8000k hid kit and using these at night until i get a ticket lol. Thouhgts? help? advice? please and thank you
Old 12-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

You don't need to remove the whole bumper. You should be able to unbolt the air deflector underneath and pull the bottom of the bumper down enough to fit your hand in. The bumper is urethane so it's flexible without breaking. I've done it this way on my T/A and also on my father's Camaro. It's a bit of a PITA but get's the job done...

An HID kit for your foglights is definitely a cool idea. I'll be purchasing a kit from ledgauges.com soon. If you do a search, you'll find a bunch of pics with them installed. They look great from what I've seen.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea ive also seen them but when they say hid fog light its different isnt it? different than and actual hid set up due to axillary lighting laws?

Quick Reply: Changing/replacing foglights