Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is a carbon fiber Sunoco hood worth it compared to the fiberglass version?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is a carbon fiber Sunoco hood worth it compared to the fiberglass version?

I've been really thinking about purchasing a Sunoco hood for my 2002 SOM Z28, but I want to get the carbon fiber version that nobody else seems to have. Does anybody know how much lighter the carbon fiber version is and how much more expensive it is compared to the fiberglass version? Will the install and fitment be as simple as it is with the fiberglass version? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be 100% honest with you, I don't think you'll be able to get the carbon fiber version. VFN has limited supply of carbon-fiber right now. The weight savings is hardly anything. The only reason to get it is for looks.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Just get the regular one and throw some dick harrell carbon fiber stipes on the side of the cowl
Old 12-25-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

VFN has stopped making carbon fiber parts, period. Already talked to them about this. Even offered to send them 4-5 yards of my own CF, but they declined and said they exhausted all their CF building materials. I guess, resins, etc.

Bryan

Quick Reply: Is a carbon fiber Sunoco hood worth it compared to the fiberglass version?