Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Suede Corbeau CR-1's are IN

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suede Corbeau CR-1's are IN

I've been contemplating the past few months about getting seats and when Livernois Motorsports in MI decided to do a group buy on them, I decided it was time

These are the wide Corbeau CR-1 in black suede. Some of the pictures make them look kind of purple, but they are black. All in all I am VERY happy with the way they turned out.

Couple of observations though. Don't even think about attempting this without gear wrenches. The front bolts fall in just fine with a socket and ratchet, but the back bolts on both sides are VERY difficult to get to with the bracket design. The seats are sitting up about .5" higher than the previous ones, which isn't that big of a deal. They also sit about 1"-1.5" further back than the stock ones did. More room for passenger front seat leg room that the F-body so desperately needs anyway. The fitment in the car is perfect. The brackets all line up perfect and everything fits with just enough clearance all the way around.

Next will be the rear seat delete in suede as well as the amp rack cover and sub box in the back.

Now for the pictures

Old 01-10-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Thats def on my list of things to buy. how much do they weigh?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
Looks great! Thats def on my list of things to buy. how much do they weigh?
They weight about 25lbs each or so they do according to the boxes they came in minus a little packing and box weight. They were definitely lighter than the stockers though. I could tell a difference in how easy it was to put in the Corbeau's vs. taking the stock ones out.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Thoes look nice...and remember when or if they get dammaged..Corbeau sells replacement covers for like 99 bucks (cloth) or you can hve them recovered

They weigh 25 or 27 lbs I believe

The secrete to getting them in is to install the rails on the set first
next install the front bolts onto the sliding brackets using double nuts..and on the fixed brackets in the rear... then just drop the seat onto teh brackets and align the bolts...done..I can get mine in and out in about ten min

heres mine..

Old and new
Old 01-10-2007, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Y'all sure keep a lot of junk in your back seats! lol

Nice looking seats, though.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice!! im in the middle of an install im doing corbeau legacies on the stock sliders. but i got the passenger side done and it sits up yoo much higher than stock so i think im gonna go with the corbeau slides after all. How much did you pay for them and where did you get them?
Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

how tall are the seats when sitting in them (how far up your head)? i would assume since they are racing style seats htey should go high...but it looks like they aren't any taller then the stocks (but you sit lower so i can't tell for sure)...and being 6'4, i have no head rest with the stocks, it cuts off at my lower neck. thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

btw, the seats look great, thats what i've been looking to get, cr1's black with suede...only not the wide ones
Old 01-10-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

The CR1 seats are what I'm saving up for, good choice.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I keep a lot of junk in there cause I run a detailing business so there's lots of detailing products back there A suede delete kit will be in there very soon

I am about 6'1" and notice I sit up a bit taller. The brackets could not have been designed any lower though. They sit RIGHT ON the floor of the car. I don't know if they would sit any higher or lower in a Camaro though. I had a buddy of mine sit in the car today who is 6'3" and he was very close to the headliner just behind the T-top.

I went with the wide ones for a couple reasons. 1. I'm not a huge racing person and want them to be a bit more comfortable and 2. I'm no small person and these work out great for me

Thanks for all the compliments! I am very pleased with them so far

Oh and I bought everything from Chad @ Livernois Motorsports. He set everything up for me. PM him or email and I'm sure he can get you taken care of too.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=BitViper]Thoes look nice...and remember when or if they get dammaged..Corbeau sells replacement covers for like 99 bucks (cloth) or you can hve them recovered

next install the front bolts onto the sliding brackets using double nuts..and on the fixed brackets in the rear... then just drop the seat onto teh brackets and align the bolts...done..I can get mine in and out in about ten min

BitViper, did you buy your Corbeau CR-1's from Corbeau with the tan leather? I didnt see it as an option on the website.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BitViper
Thoes look nice...and remember when or if they get dammaged..Corbeau sells replacement covers for like 99 bucks (cloth) or you can hve them recovered

heres mine..

Old and new

Wow, the first tan aftermarket seats I like!
How much you pay?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hey Trent, glad to see your happy with them! Definitly worth the short wait for some quality seats at a great price! Thanks for making the thread and if anybody else is interested in some Corbeau seats for your car feel free to PM me for prices!

Chad @ Livernois Motorsports
Old 01-11-2007, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

they look redish in the pics? is it just the lighting?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They look fantastic ! Congratulations !!!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Magnet
they look redish in the pics? is it just the lighting?
Yeah notice where I say they look purple in my first post. The flash makes them look a little purple/red. They are completely black though. Pictures don't really show how beautiful the suede they put on these really is.

Quick Reply: Suede Corbeau CR-1's are IN