Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Emblem installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emblem installation

I'm picking the car up from the paint shop this week and i have a couple of questions on how to apply emblems to the car. I have emblems from Dragonz8 and i wanted to know:

1. What are the exact locations too apply my SS fender emblems, and rear panel emblems?

2. Is there any type of prep work i need to do before applying the emblems?

3. Do i need to heat the emblems or surface before applying, the temperature in my area is around 45 to 60 degrees.

4. Are there any other tips for appplying emblems
Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

i would make sure the surface is clean of any debris. also spray some soapy water where they are going to make sure you get them place right and level.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldnt heat the area, I would just use alcohol pads to clean and prep the area.

The side embelems should go right in the center of the fender behind the front wheel. Make sure that it isnt flush with the side molding, There should be a small gap.

For the rear embelem, that should go underneath the passenger tail light pff center to the right. I would check out some pics, as I dont know how else to explain it.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blown 346
I wouldnt heat the area, I would just use alcohol pads to clean and prep the area.

The side embelems should go right in the center of the fender behind the front wheel. Make sure that it isnt flush with the side molding, There should be a small gap.

For the rear embelem, that should go underneath the passenger tail light pff center to the right. I would check out some pics, as I dont know how else to explain it.
i get what you are saying. Is there a way that i could get the exact location or mesurements
Old 01-22-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get someone to measure there's for you. I don't have time right now but, if you still haven't gotten an answer by the time I can measure mine, I'll post the info.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

i checked in my service manual for you and it only gives the dimensions for the z28 and firebird nothing on the ss
Old 01-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pwterz28
i checked in my service manual for you and it only gives the dimensions for the z28 and firebird nothing on the ss
you think if i were to check my ss manual it would say so?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bee-stro
you think if i were to check my ss manual it would say so?
No, the manual wont tell you. I would go to your local body shop, or a GM certified body shop and they can give you the specifications on placement.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
Get someone to measure there's for you. I don't have time right now but, if you still haven't gotten an answer by the time I can measure mine, I'll post the info.
you think you can, when you get sometime. i tried to get them off my buddy's z28 but his aren't the same.

Quick Reply: Emblem installation