83.25%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Seats. Camaro vs. Firebird.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seats. Camaro vs. Firebird.

Which car has the more confortable seats?

I've had two Z28's now, and in my first 2000 I had leather. The leater was hard and terrible, but now I have cloth. However, I notice with the cloth that there seems to be some-thing poking in my back while I'm driving...

My buddy's who have T/A's have much different looking seats, but are they any better? I'm trying to aquire a set of leater seats for my interior. My buddy has a T/A he's going to flip, so I offered to swap seats. They are black leather BTW.

Be heard! vote!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude i think camaro i can sleep in mine. but ive never sat in a firebird so yea.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Both are good; I would rather have Cloth during the summer
though :[
but Yeah I like leather more :]
Leather it is
Old 02-21-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

i've sat in both and i think the firebird leather seats are MUCH better. my LT1 leather seats are comfy but i just recently sat in LS1 leather seats and i couldn't get out!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally would never put Trans-Am seats in a Camaro... Just doesn't flow with the car or the interior to me.

With that said, Trans-Am seats are WAYYYYY better than Camaro seats. I replaced the seats in my 1998 Z28 with Recaro style Mad Racing Concepts seats BUT if I still had my 1999 Trans-Am I would NOT have done the same thing.

I love my new seats but with a Trans-Am the seats are comfortable and (relatively) supportive. Not to mention they flow perfectly in design with the car's design.

Camaro's need a better hood, spoiler and seats IMO where as a Trans-Am (WS6) has the PERFECT hood, spoiler and seats for that car right out of the box. Throw on some nice rims and then make it fast as hell
Old 02-21-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Camaro's need a better hood, spoiler and seats IMO where as a Trans-Am (WS6) has the PERFECT hood, spoiler and seats for that car right out of the box. Throw on some nice rims and then make it fast as hell
Subjective opinion... theres a reason why I've owned two LS1 Z28 opposed to T/A's.

But ok, I dunno how you people are comfy in Camaro seats! It boggles me!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

interior TA>>>>>>interior camaro
(including seats)
Old 02-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Wow i'm surprised. The T/A interior and seats look better, but the camaro seats are more comfortable.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had never sat in a LS1 camaro till the day i test drove mine but i have went through 2 LS1 TA's, and had always read on these forums how much better the TA's seat were...well IMO the camaros seats are WAY more comfy...BUT you guys are right the overall set-up of the TA's interior is much better

BTW, my Z28's seats are leather
Old 02-21-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've sat in both LT1 TA and Z28 seats many times. I've sat in both LS1 TA and Z28 seats times.

The seats in a 4th gen 'bird are better than ALL Camaro seats, hands down.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

I'm guessing this is going to depend on your definition of comfortable as well...

For example, Trans-Am seats are more supportive, Camaros have NO support... BUT some people (especially if you are larger) might say the support makes the Trans-Am seats LESS comfortable...
Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

T/A looks better I think, but the cloth seats in my Z28 where fairly comfortable. The vette seats are much more comforting and fitting, I just wish it had more side support because I go flying around in tight turns. Sports seats might offer that I dont know.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

New for new, the TA's seats are better all around, Camaro seats don't really hold you, take a sharp turn and you nail your door panel.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
I personally would never put Trans-Am seats in a Camaro... Just doesn't flow with the car or the interior to me.
Man you know I usually never question your opinion, but.....

The only notable differences in the TA interior and the Camaro interior are the center section of the dash, the vents, door panels, and of course the seats. And the car itself...well we all know the bird has more curves than a camaro.

So here is what I am questioning, In the Trans Am the dash is more rounded looking, the vents are round, the door panels have more of a round speaker mount, BUT the seats are squared off at the top with a rectangular head rest.

The you have the Camaro with rectangular vents, squared off center section of the dash, "squarish" speaker grills, BUT the damn seats are rounded off at the top.

How does the TA interior flow any better than the Camaro? In my opinion the squared off TA seats are right at home in the squared off Camaro interior.

But that is just my opinion, sorry to question you.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

T/A seats pwn Camaro seats period!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Man you know I usually never question your opinion, but.....

The only notable differences in the TA interior and the Camaro interior are the center section of the dash, the vents, door panels, and of course the seats. And the car itself...well we all know the bird has more curves than a camaro.

So here is what I am questioning, In the Trans Am the dash is more rounded looking, the vents are round, the door panels have more of a round speaker mount, BUT the seats are squared off at the top with a rectangular head rest.

The you have the Camaro with rectangular vents, squared off center section of the dash, "squarish" speaker grills, BUT the damn seats are rounded off at the top.

How does the TA interior flow any better than the Camaro? In my opinion the squared off TA seats are right at home in the squared off Camaro interior.

But that is just my opinion, sorry to question you.

you know i never really thought of that but you're right... it does seem kinda backwards in that respect.
i'm probably in the minority because i like the interior of the camaro better period. the ONLY interior components i like more from the ta's are the door panels.
as far as the comfort of the seats tho.. i think they're both crap pretty good looking seats but i just don't find either to be very comfortable.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

This thread is full of people stating their opinions as facts. Sit in both, what ever you feel the most comfortable in, choose.

I personally liked cloth ls1 t/a seats the best..
Old 02-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Two reasons:

1) The Trans-Am's EXTERIOR has MUCH sharper lines than a Camaro (WS6 hood, angular nose, spoiler, etc...) and you see the tops of the seats through the windshield.

2) I said so

But seriously, the seats MIGHT go better with a Camaro's interior (I still don't see it at all that way but it could be 14 years of seeing it a certain way and subconsciously dis-liking what's different) but they look HORRIBLE (IMO) with the Camaro's EXTERIOR.

The Trans-Am has a theme... A bird. Even the earlier LT1's the car was shaped to look like a 'Bird's beak. The seats design remind me of the inside (lines) of wings (again, this is a peek only into my crazy *** abstract mind, not fact) and go with a Trans-Am but when I see them in a Camaro they looked dated as hell and out of place...

I LOVE (a certain person's car, name removed because he is a friend) but having the Trans-Am seats in there makes it seem like a junkyard build to me (like someone just grabbed what they could and threw them in there).

It just stops me dead in my tracks everytime I see that swap... Just looks too out of place for me.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

i personally LOVE cloth over leather in terms of comfort and feeling, but leather always looks so much better,especially in our cars
Old 02-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quick Reply: Seats. Camaro vs. Firebird.