Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cluster kit install problem LEDgauges???93 LT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cluster kit install problem LEDgauges???93 LT1

Just had a quick question for those that know I have a 93 LT1 and I was in the process of installing my cluster kit from ledguages and ran into a little snag. the socket bulbs that install on my cluster look like are a complete one piece. I had a pain in the *** time removing one bulb out of the socket and upon further searching it looks like the only contact is the little brass legs which hang out the edge which make contact with the back of the cluster. The center of the socket are just plastic the bulbs in the kit are like any other small bulbs and have the contacts that run along the bottom edge. Which in this case would make no contact with the socket because there is no metal contact in the center. Not saying that the kit is bad or anything the bulbs work awesome in my aftermarket gauges on both my vette and my camaro but just want to know if anyone ran into this problem? I havent completed the install just incase I have to replace all the sockets with ones that will work.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you resolved the problem yet? I am considering changing to this as well. Do you have pics of the lights in the car?
Old 02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1SLO6
Just had a quick question for those that know I have a 93 LT1 and I was in the process of installing my cluster kit from ledguages and ran into a little snag. the socket bulbs that install on my cluster look like are a complete one piece. I had a pain in the *** time removing one bulb out of the socket and upon further searching it looks like the only contact is the little brass legs which hang out the edge which make contact with the back of the cluster. The center of the socket are just plastic the bulbs in the kit are like any other small bulbs and have the contacts that run along the bottom edge. Which in this case would make no contact with the socket because there is no metal contact in the center. Not saying that the kit is bad or anything the bulbs work awesome in my aftermarket gauges on both my vette and my camaro but just want to know if anyone ran into this problem? I havent completed the install just incase I have to replace all the sockets with ones that will work.
Yeah i had the same problem but i wasn't using the same brand LEDs. Autozone has sockets that'll fit into the cluster and hold a #194 style replaceable bulb. They're kind of expensive though i think about $2 for just 1.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I havent resolved the problem yet but I am going to go to Autozone and see if they have the socket that Z95M6 spoke about....I will get some pics as soon as I am done which looks like about Thursday. I installed them on my 2 1/16" gauges on my pillar and they look real good there...Sorry about the time wait for pix but between work and school no time for mods even thou I really want to do them now.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

when i did my v6 i bought some socket attachments from nathan on ledgauges. i ended up spending more time than expected, now taht i know what i'm doing i could probably do it a in 1/3 the time. its so much more difficult on the Lt style dash, if you have the instrustions for the lt1 style its okay but not as easy when your trying to wing it.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

problem solved ended up getting 8 sockets from autozone that fit a 194 bulb so as soon as i install them i will get some pics up....