Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

stainless inserts = really annoying day for my biotch

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stainless inserts = really annoying day for my biotch

well the stainless inserts for the front and rear of the z06 came today... great product as usual from dragonz28, the crapness of the day had nothing to do with his product.

since i was working today, the little lady went out around 10am when they came and started tinkering, she got the fronts in with relative ease...

then she spent some time cleaning up the calipers, by no means perfect but a vast improvement and probably about as good as they're going to get without taking off the wheels.

before:

after:

then she got to the back which was the reason we bought the inserts in the first place.. we didn't like the red.

we were going to just put the insert in over it cuz we thought that'd look kinda neat with the red outline, wrong. unfortunately the test fit didn't show beth just how bad it was gonna look because she couldn't step back to look at it and hold it there at the same time, so she ended up sticking it in...

she immediately called me and said "this looks like ***." we decided to just go ahead with it though, since i thought the paint in the letters was cleared etc and didn't want to mess with it.

well when she went to clean out the O, there was a little extra dirt so she muscled up with the qtip and alcohol and wouldn't you know it the red paint was coming off!

as it turns out the guy just taped it off and primed/spray painted it, which explains how shitty it looked. so beth screwed with it for a few hours...

eventually getting it to this point at 4:30 pm... yes, over 4 hours later

needless to say, she's not too happy right now between the cramping hands and blistered fingertips but she's a trooper. i guess maybe it's a blessing in disguise, since we'll be able to get the red completely off there now.

now i just hope we can salvage that C and get the adhesive changed without focking it up.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

If you can't salvage the C without messing the tape up, just go to your local parts store and pick up some new adhesive tape. Looks good so far!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blackops22
If you can't salvage the C without messing the tape up, just go to your local parts store and pick up some new adhesive tape. Looks good so far!
yeah i'm not worried about the tape, i know that probably won't survive. we're going to go get some adhesive and razor blade tonight. my concern is messing up the actual letter but it seems thick enough that it should be fine.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that your girlfriend and my girlfriend should get together and maybe yours could straighten mine out. I don't think I'll ever go to work one day and come back to see my car detailed.

BTW, looks soooo much better without the red. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the car lowered? that back end looks kinda high up
letters look awesome though!!