Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stripper getting power??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stripper getting power??

I'm looking at buying a 2002 Camaro z28 with NO power options at all, doesn't even have fog lights, NOTHING is power on this car. I am also parting out a 99 camaro with power. Would it be possible that the 99 car has everything to make the 2002 car all power (even keyless entry?) TIA!

Last edited by DoesSpeedTurnUon; 03-02-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

it probably would but why?? theres alot of people on this site that would die to have a stripper
Old 03-02-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1998TA__1991RS
it probably would but why?? theres alot of people on this site that would die to have a stripper
well i just like the convience of it... but i know its considerably lighter... what would a stripper weigh vs. a loaded one? Are there any other benefits to having a stripper(car)?
Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

IMO, i would rather have power windows and locks and fog lights than to save 50 pounds of wieght. I wouldnt see any reason that you couldnt switch everything over.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
IMO, i would rather have power windows and locks and fog lights than to save 50 pounds of wieght. I wouldnt see any reason that you couldnt switch everything over.
Do you think the car is like pre-wired for them? Where i could unplug them from a location in my 99 and plug them in, installed in the 02? What about the fuse box? Would it have an allocation for the fuses in it?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
well i just like the convience of it... but i know its considerably lighter... what would a stripper weigh vs. a loaded one? Are there any other benefits to having a stripper(car)?

Damn dude I didn't even KNOW they made strippers in 2002.

That sucker is unique I would keep it stock. Is it a M6, you could try and see how low in weight you could get it to for hp/lbs of weight.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Damn dude I didn't even KNOW they made strippers in 2002.

That sucker is unique I would keep it stock. Is it a M6, you could try and see how low in weight you could get it to for hp/lbs of weight.
Yea, infact... its a 2002 with 44K miles, 6spd, cloth, NBM, no power anything, with monsoon and t-tops, he's asking $11,000obo, MIGHT be able to get it for $10K

Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's sorta like the Z06 of Camaro's!!!

A C5Z is stripped compared to a fully loaded C5. No power antenna, no telescoping steering wheel, no CD changer etc.

It kinda cool, though I would definately prefer leather seats in a black car.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
It's sorta like the Z06 of Camaro's!!!

A C5Z is stripped compared to a fully loaded C5. No power antenna, no telescoping steering wheel, no CD changer etc.

It kinda cool, though I would definately prefer leather seats in a black car.
well... it is NBM not black

and with out the LS6

my purpose for the car would be FULL roadracing suspension and a cage... it'd be a track *****... slicks on all four corners
Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

i don't know that i'd buy a stripper solely with the intention of making it NOT a stripper... seems kind of backwards. that being said, that is a pretty damn good price. if it's going to be a track ***** like you say... screw all the power crap, if you never drive it you'll never use it anyway! the only thing i think would suck would be the locks... you definitely wouldn't be losing out on anything by not having to screw with fbody power windows
Old 03-02-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please don't put the power options from the 1999 on the 2002. 1SC (stripper) cars are awesome. I know I love mine.

Mine is kind of weird. The options is came with are: T-tops, chrome rims, rear defrost, CD player. Nothing else.

The only thing that sucks about 1SC cars is the no hatch release button by the light switch. Always have to use your keys.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Kman
The only thing that sucks about 1SC cars is the no hatch release button by the light switch. Always have to use your keys.
That's better than HAVING a hatch release button and always having to use your keys anyway because the stocks are toast
Old 03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

i dont think they are that rare.......i have one. Mines a 2002 z28 1SC car. Only option i have is the monsoon sound system. No fog lights, no electric anything, hardtop, cloth seats, no rear defrost, etc. But i'm looking into doing a t-top conversion. I hate not being able to take the tops out when it is beautiful outside!

Brent
Old 03-02-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well don't I feel all spiffy having an fully loaded Z28.

Kinda stupid though when you look at it. The only 3 options missing were leather, SS sport appearance (spoiler/hood), and the 1LE suspension upgrade; of course no SLP options.

The reason it is stupid is because every single option on the car either broke or was replaced. Window motors, broken; radio blown (buttons even fell of the equalizer); chrome wheels, taken off and replaced with Z06 wheels; I could go over the entire list but I doubt anyone cares.

Hell I would buy that car if you told me the dealership selling it!

The car doesn't have anything on it to break, not even a EGR (mine broke somehow and I had to fix it for inspections).
Old 03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well i think i'm going to move forward with it on monday as long as a white/silver/black 02 SS doesn't come up forsale
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you should do what you want with it. Realistically it is "rare" but the avg. person would think it was rare in a bad way since it is lacking all power options. We aren't driving ferrari's guys
Old 03-02-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo
I think you should do what you want with it. Realistically it is "rare" but the avg. person would think it was rare in a bad way since it is lacking all power options. We aren't driving ferrari's guys
Yeah, i would never ever want a stripper car. I guess im weird
Old 03-02-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo
Alot of it is, i think its just almost to good to pass up. a low mileage 2002 z28... good heads, LS6 intake... 6spd... bone stock... and considerably clean. Like I said... it will get tubular everything and a cage and raced atleast once a month or twice a month on a track, all day. But.. driven on the street for a daily... i dunno.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
i don't know that i'd buy a stripper solely with the intention of making it NOT a stripper... seems kind of backwards. that being said, that is a pretty damn good price. if it's going to be a track ***** like you say... screw all the power crap, if you never drive it you'll never use it anyway! the only thing i think would suck would be the locks... you definitely wouldn't be losing out on anything by not having to screw with fbody power windows
Looks like you've got a good lookin car forsale too!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
my purpose for the car would be FULL roadracing suspension and a cage... it'd be a track *****... slicks on all four corners

arent you contradicting yourself? if its going to be a total track car, then why would you want things like power windows/locks, defroster, etc etc?? if someone buys a care for the track, they usually take all those things out. if i was building/buying a track car, i would JUMP at the one youre looking at and not do a damn thing for the comfort options. think about it....are you really going to reach down and hit the power window button while youre tearing up a road course?

Quick Reply: Stripper getting power??