Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Freshly Detailed Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freshly Detailed Firebird. PICS RESIZED!!!!!

Clay-barred and waxed the car this weekend. I was going to use the 3M Rubbing Compound to remove any swirls on the car but I skipped that step because I thought my gf was going to kill me since she was helping and it was snowing on and off lol. Lemme know what you guys think. My favorite part of the car is definitely the rear.

Painted the plastic piece that goes around the bottom of the windshield black to go with my color scheme. Trust me, not worth the aggravation of getting it on and off without scratching the hell out of it.

For now I just have the stock wheels painted black. Sometime after I finish everything with the stereo system I will look into black torque thrust wheels. Also excuse my dirty brakes lol.

Side windows are tinted to 35% due to stupid NYC tint laws of 70%. Debating on changing them to 20% since I have the tan interior. Limo strip on the windshield. Completely forgot about the legal mark on the windshield and had the tint guy go almost twice it lol. Door emblems are reflective black but I'm thinking about changing them to plain black. Also front and rear side markers are VHT'd.

I love the back of the car. VHT'd tails, 3rd brake light, and black filler panel. Reflective black PONTIAC (also thinking of changing to plain black). I forget the name of the firebirds that came with the painted back bumper, but I did that too. Also thinkin about painting the side molding black to match (tried to remove it but for some reason my clear coat was applied over the molding I dont know why because I'm pretty sure the car has never been repainted. Bought it with only 11,000 miles on it and the paint in the door jams and under the hood matches)

Hatch is Limo tinted. One of the only flaws in the paint is the mark on the right corner of the bumper. Damn NYC parallel parking and damn NYC people who cant do it right. I'm also tired of having to re paint the back bumper around the license plate every week because of people hitting it so I made a rear bumper gaurd that gets closed in the hatch and hangs down and a front bumper gaurd that attatches under the hood. I was told it was illegal to cover the license plates even when the car is parked, but ehh, its worth it.

The next two pictures show the quality of the paint. The white specs in the first pic is just dust that already settled on the car. The second pic also shows the painted black plastic piece around the bottom of the windshield.

VHT'd the fogs and drls. Yes it makes them alittle duller but I felt that it was a must for the color scheme of the car.

Theres my "real" baby in the background all bundled up and about to kill me.

Last edited by jpticar; 03-06-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The interior on the car is kept very clean. The only change I would love to make is a fiberglass enclosure somewhere on the dash for the navigation that is under the rearview mirror. Never used fiberglass before but I gotta learn sometime.

My Kenwood KDC-X990 head unit and FIREBIRD HUmount. I also installed 4 Alpine Type-R speakers. Next on the list is a speaker amp, 10 inch stealth box, sub for the box, sub amp, and amp rack.

The engine is the 3800, but I still like to keep it clean. Since it is a v6, the only performance mods I will be doing on the car is a CAI and catback, possibly magnaflow with some different tips.

Custom 3rd brake light. All black during the day and at night shows the bird with the brakes. Not sure why the left wing isnt lighting up as good as the right anymore but I will find a way to fix that.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6846/dsc02038sr5.jpg

Next few pics are of my custom blue interior. Only thing left taht I need to do is buy some more LEDs and brighten up the shifter plate and possibly the HVAC and headlight controls. Was thinking about doing the blue odometer but I kind of like it red, it matches the needles. Also, notice how good the light shines through my HVAC *****. I took the covering off and peeled off all of the blue plastic on the **** and whatever was left over in the slit on the cover.

Anyone know if the headlight **** will light up blue if I swap it out with another clear HVAC **** and do the same mod to it?

No, I did not take this pic while driving. I screwed up the gauges when taking the needles off to do the camaro face plate swap. I may have broken my temperature gauge since it never moves anymore Im hoping that it is just really badly off to the left and that is why it always stays there lol. I need to find a place that can re-calibrate them for me.

Last but not least, the greatest shirt in the world on the greatest girl in the world. She put up with my **** for 3 hours in frigid weather with on and off snow flurries and vacuumed and cleaned my interior

Last edited by jpticar; 03-06-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It took an incredibly long time to post all this up. Comments and critiques are a must!!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

I can't believe I just wasted the time to look at all of this. I want the last 2 minutes of my life back!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all - Learn to resize - I'm running a 1680 resolution and even I'm having trouble viewing these!

Secondly, the paint looks really good, only thing I can say is wet sand them taillights and polish them so they are shiney and not dull. They will look 100x better.

Keep up the good work on the car!

The dude above me, Tarv, is a ******* idiot.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What were you expecting when you opened this thread??? Anyone else with useful comments or criticism?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

yeah you might want to shrink those pics....looks good though
Old 03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry about the huge pics. For some reason I didnt use the "preview" button at all while making the thread. Was actually thinkin bout doin some wet sanding today but it was about 10 degrees out and even my garage was freezing. And thankyou for expressing your feelings for Tarv, I couldnt agree more!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there a quick way to shrink em down or would the entire thing have to be redone?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

replace all the links with the Thumbnail version of the pic (via imageshack)

Car looks great man! Nice shirt too
Old 03-06-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll work on it but it may take a while lol
Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Windows Vista wasn't being a **** with my main uploading program, I'd gladly resize those for you...but unfortunately, I'm no good until ipswitch decides to get with the picture and release a vista friendly version of their app.

Like someone else said, hit "edit post" and edit those hyperlinks to reflect the thumbnails in imageshack.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

"Theres my "real" baby in the background all bundled up and about to kill me"

She must read the board because no woman is better than a car...lol

Nice car. I like the scheme.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

O MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE HOW BIG THESE PICTURES ARE!!!!!!!!

nice bird, good job on the detail, you know you love ur car when u detail it in 30 degree weather!

BTW, nice looking girl! ne one else notice she's in the can? Why did you take that picture in the bathroom? weird.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks nice, but shrink the pictures man!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha i think she was washing up after the long detail lol
Old 03-06-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Itd be easier to critique if i could see the whole car on my screen without having to scroll side to side and up n down! haha
Old 03-06-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok ok ok lol. quick shower and then ill get back on imageshack lol. Cant everyone just run on a 1920 resolution like me haha
Old 03-06-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pictures Resized!!!!! Keep the comments and criticism comin!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Nice detailing job, I wouldnt use a gf to detail becuse of all of the complaining!!!

Quick Reply: Freshly Detailed Firebird