Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP.....Wheel Problem..what to clean with?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP.....Wheel Problem..what to clean with?

I need some help. At the end of last summer bought a new set of TTII's and put them on the car. I wanted to put my old rims back on for the winter, but never go around to doing so.

I was out giving the car a good cleaning today, and the front wheels are horrible. The rear ones came completly clean, but the front ones have several spots where it looks like the brake dust has bonded to the rim.

Can anyone tell me what to use on them that will clean them up with out damaging the wheel? I am sure it will have to be something abrasive, but I am not sure what to do.

I will try to post a pic in a bit.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2007, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

I always clean my wheels with simple green then use mothers mag and aluminum polish, it might take some elbow grease but it should get it off. Good Luck -Dave
Old 03-10-2007, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

For wheel cleaner I use Eagle One All Wheel cleaner. If you need something to get brake dust off, try buying some Eagle One Never Dull polish wadding. It works very well and isn't abrasive. If that doesn't cut it you might have to get some rubbing compound and try that then go back over with some billet polish. If that still doesn't work, pick up some ultra fine steel wool and try that. Then rubbing compound and billet polish to bring back the shine.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

I just bought the new mcguires aluminum and mag polish from a show. Used it on my TT2's and it is the best polish I have found for aluminum so far. I have tried lots of others but this is the best so far. Not sure if it is on the market yet, but it should be soon.

Quick Reply: HELP.....Wheel Problem..what to clean with?