Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ground Effect Installation

Old 03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ground Effect Installation

I just bought a set of the factory w68 ground effects for my 99 bird. what should i use to install them? i saw this automotive epoxy stuff made by Goop (brand) at murray's. it says its for molding and stuff. would this work? or is there something better made for htis kind of thing? thanks a lot for any input.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Goop works exceptionally well, however those ground effects require you to drill small holes into your car and mount them with clips. You can ditch the clips and use the goop but they wont hold properly. I would suggest to attach the ground effects to the wheel wells, and goop the rest (if you dont want to pretty much wreck your car, or decide you want them off). The only problem with goop is that it takes a bitch load of time to cure properly. Put the effects in place and use a jack to support them. Be prepared to let it sit for like 6 or 7 hours.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok. im gonna do the wheel well screw and use either goop or 3m two faced tape..is the tape better than goop?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:15 PM
SCRWS6

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...66SbN3c7rrrrQ-
just make sure you get the area clean first....double sided tape worked well on mine, lots of pressure when you attach em...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ground Effect Installation