Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans Am Door Overlays

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am Door Overlays

Just wanted to know if anyojne has ever used put door overlays on their car from Phoenix Graphics. I got a set of red to put on my Black T/A. I thought I did everything correctly but I could not get them to stick to my door for nothing. I tried peeling them off individually and could not get them to stick. What brand is everyone using? Are these even any good. The decals ended up twisted, and I couldn't separate them from the covering. I threw them in the trash and now have to get some more. I really hate to spend another 39.50 for them if there is some you guys are using that aare easier to apply than these. Any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go on ebay and get them from there for 4 bucks. I did and mine have been on for 3 years perfectly.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you clean the area first?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought whole new emblems. Was like $40 on eBay. So they weren't stickers to go over the stock ones, they were brand new Silver emblems for a silver Trans Am. I recommend going that route that dealing with stickers over the emblems already on your door.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by question
Did you clean the area first?

yeah I washed them before applying. They stuck to the side of the door, but when I tried to pull off the covering of the decals they came right off with the covering. I had a hell of a time getting them off the covering.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
I just bought whole new emblems. Was like $40 on eBay. So they weren't stickers to go over the stock ones, they were brand new Silver emblems for a silver Trans Am. I recommend going that route that dealing with stickers over the emblems already on your door.

Yeah I don't want stickers, but the emblems. I'll look at Ebay. Were the ones you got easy to apply?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by highwaywonderland
Yeah I don't want stickers, but the emblems. I'll look at Ebay. Were the ones you got easy to apply?
Hell yeah. They come with adhesive already on the back. I just heated up the old ones with a hair dryer, then used some dental floss to work behind them and pull them off. I just used my thumb to get most of the remaining old adhesive off the door. Peeled off the new and started putting them on. Here are some pics.

http://www.geocities.com/mrmtransam/...ce/emblem.html
Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks nice. I'm wanting to pull off my stockers & replace them with another set of actual emblems. I got a extra set I was planning on having done with a chrome plastic plating like some new car grills are done in.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't just wash the area, you gotta prep it. I always wipe the area down with some rubbing alcohol to remove any wax/polish that might be there. If there is any wax/polish on there it won't allow the adhesive to stick.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BANDITCAR
Don't just wash the area, you gotta prep it. I always wipe the area down with some rubbing alcohol to remove any wax/polish that might be there. If there is any wax/polish on there it won't allow the adhesive to stick.
Shoot, I knew I used something else when I did my fill-ins. Also, try using some soapy water in a spray bottle after you clean it with the Iso, this will prevent them from sticking at first and allow you to slide them around to get them aligned perfect. Bfranker has a great guide on his site.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
Hell yeah. They come with adhesive already on the back. I just heated up the old ones with a hair dryer, then used some dental floss to work behind them and pull them off. I just used my thumb to get most of the remaining old adhesive off the door. Peeled off the new and started putting them on. Here are some pics.

http://www.geocities.com/mrmtransam/...ce/emblem.html

never seen salad shredders on a late model 4th gen, looks great man especially with that color.