Sponsored by: DashLynx

my 1st detail of the season, 94Z28 w/ PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 1st detail of the season, 94Z28 w/ PICS

I love my new porter cable polisher
So I finally gave my sister's 94 Z28 vert it's first detail. This thing was bad. The car had been wrecked before and most of it repainted with some cheap single stage paint job...no clear coat, and it wasn't taken care of by the last owner. It was literally like chalk, with greasy hand print stains and light scratching. The only parts that had any clear coat were the front bumper ( paint is cracked anyway) and the driver side fender, door, and quarter panel. Needless to say, I didn't have very high expectations but the results surprised me. It's still a crappy paint job, no detail is going to fix that. It's pitted to hell and there are some scratches, chips and a couple spots where the paint is flaking off but I think it shined up rather nicely.
Before: note the total lack of shine and the soot above the tailpipes. These were actually taken back in december when we got the car but if anything, it's gotten dirtier. We have put the interior back together with new carpet and seats since then though.

After. It actually does look better in person. It's really tough to get good pics of white in daylight, especially without the right equipment and I don't have the equipment for good night shots. Yes the side molding is missing on the d-side. My dad doesn't want to take the rest off and with the repaint it doesn't clean up that great...you can still see where it was so we will be replacing it soon.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Good job! Looks a heck of alot better.

I have a question. Where did you get the new carpet, and did it fit like factory, if it was aftermarket carpet? Please let me know.

Thank you.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Launching!

got it off ebay, tamraz was the seller I think. Seems to fit good, but my dad put this set in. Also it stops under the back seat. I got the carpet in my car from auto-interior.com and I'm pretty happy with it.

Quick Reply: my 1st detail of the season, 94Z28 w/ PICS